Our valued sponsor

EMI with US bank accounts

Hey everyone, does anyone know about any EMIs that can set me up with a US bank account, but not the usual ones like DEUTSCHE BANK, Wells Fargo, Citibank, Community Federal Savings Bank, Bank Of America, or Wise?

eBay's pretty much blocked all these big names for payments, and I’m looking for a workaround to keep selling there. Got any tips on EMIs that eBay hasn't blacklisted yet, ones that are good for making transactions?

Maybe some new or not so famous banks that can do the job? Really need some solid advice here finding a good bank that eBay's cool with is super important for my shop.
:) Again: please clarify the essential information – for what subject do you need such an account? US company, non-US company, personal account (probably for non-US resident, otherwise you probably would not have asked ;) ). It matters a lot.

I would be interested to learn the same. I can't see why it is important for you to have, yesterday I learned from another thread that Wise is able to open real US bank account if you're US resident.

And what is wrong with the banks?
Wells Fargo - Routing: 121000248
Bank Of America, NA - Routing: 121000358

Reactions: JohnLocke
I would be interested to learn the same. I can't see why it is important for you to have, yesterday I learned from another thread that Wise is able to open real US bank account if you're US resident.

And what is wrong with the banks?
Wells Fargo - Routing: 121000248
Bank Of America, NA - Routing: 121000358

Even if you are not US residents you still can but seems they are avoiding asian or african residency of the accounts holders

Even if you are not US residents you still can but seems they are avoiding asian or african residency of the accounts holders
Where did you get this from ? do you know what the reason is ?

Where did you get this from ? do you know what the reason is ?
Wise is not open to all residents. It is mainly due to local regulations or US sanctions. You can find the list here:

There are further restrictions to whether you can have a balance on the account (i.e. Wise action as bank that keeps money) and further restrictions on whether you can also get US bank details:
Note that even Nevada has restrictions.

Reactions: ilke
Mercury Bank is more or less currently only for businesses, so it would be interesting to hear about a good alternative for individuals who want a US bank account.
Any high street bank will open it once you are there. Otherwise, you apply for an ITIN and then open them online. It is cheap and good quality,

Charles Schwab International is available in any case and offers good service as well.

Reactions: lory
With ITIN and US address no problem. Without, it gets more difficult, there always are some banks that do it for you if you look hard enough.
Are you sure, have you ever opened us account remotely? Bank reps told me that due to regulations its not possible to a bank account remotely for a foreigner. I spoke to a guy experienced on the ground and he confirmed the same

ITIN and US address is mandatory

Are you sure, have you ever opened us account remotely? Bank reps told me that due to regulations its not possible to a bank account remotely for a foreigner. I spoke to a guy experienced on the ground and he confirmed the same
It is utter nonsense of a guy without clear understanding of the actual laws. You also find bank reps claiming the same about SSN being mandatory. Fact is, nothing is mandatory. The bank just needs to follow KYC and AML etc. and non of those require an ITIN nor a US address. I opened many bank accounts remotely in the US both for me and for a foreign company.

Last edited:
It is utter nonsense of a guy without clear understanding of the actual laws. You also find bank reps claiming the same about SSN being mandatory. Fact is, nothing is mandatory. The bank just needs to follow KYC and AML etc. and non of those require an ITIN nor a US address. I opened many bank accounts remotely in the US both for me and for a foreign company.
Can you say which bank ? Personally I called like 8 US banks around 6 months ago for business bank account and everyone of them told me that I need to be there in person and have an ITIN
That is experience of others as well, I opened business Bofa and ITIN was mandatory

On the hand I know a foreign guy owning property in Florida and he managed to open personal bank account without ITIN (bank of america)

I opened many bank accounts remotely in the US both for me and for a foreign company.
Mind to hint about one or two of them if you have opened many ?

Latest Threads