Our valued sponsor

EQIBank - First Licensed Offshore Fiat/Crypto Bank

Do they require introducer or why do you go through a lawyer?

Anyway if someone know if they are legit please post here.

Guyz, any updates by them? Some lawyers started to propose an open account at this bank.

Blacklist those lawyers if they suggested this scam bank. They probably got same newsletter I got and almost fell for it. Have you seen the banks office. i.e the tyre shop? Buying a license of the Russian Mafia is no way to start a banking business.

Good day to all from EQIBank and thank you for your comments. This feedback is important as it shows that our client base is educated, financially astute and resourceful. As a bank we have to take all feedback seriously, as a digital bank we have to pay special attention to digital channels. We respect everyone's views in this thread, and are grateful for the opportunity to answer questions in this informal setting. We will openly address every issue raised, every customer query and leave no stone unturned until you are satisfied with the transparency of our responses, because we strongly believe you will be happy with us as a customer.
You can reach Eli Taranto [email protected] for any questions that require special attention.

While it is important to carefully research every financial decision, it is also true that professional journalism is ethical journalism and in both cases this means reporting the truth. Regretfully, this is often not the case on the Internet. One should also note when suspecting the connection of any bank to any sort of adverse influence - every shareholder of a bank undergoes the most meticulous background checks by the Regulators, ensuring the world has a sound and robust financial system. Offshore banks in the British Overseas Territory of Dominica are no exception, reporting to the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank. The EQIBank team has 240+ years of experience, with global track records at UBS, Credit Suisse, HSBC and other top financial institutions. EQIBank is transparent and we welcome everyone to read more information at www.eqibank.com

have tried to contact them by email regarding new accounts
no reply for 4 business days already
Dear Samuel, you are correct. It did take time to set up the right financial relationships for us to be able to offer you a truly global service. EQIBank is onboarding and I will be happy to personally discuss what EQIBank can do for you and your business. If you wish you can email me at [email protected].
Kind regards
Eli Taranto
Head of Global Business Development

Your absolutely right....WTF eek¤%&. This maybe a scam or they are sharing middle and backoffice operations with Paxum in which case EQIbank is just a kind of white label bank. More worrying is as @MrTony says where are they on the government list of banks. Have they been given the nod my regulators? have they jumped the gun in claiming they are licensed? or is this a complete scam.:(.

Tread with caution and avoid EQIBank for now unless someone can test and prove it is all above board.
Dear Martin, please see Offshore Banks - Financial Services Unit . In regard to the previous relationship, please kindly see posts below where this was addressed.
I regret we were not able to serve you earlier. Should you wish to open an account, please contact me personally at [email protected]. Eli Taranto, Head of Business Development, EQIBank.

Guyz, any updates by them? Some lawyers started to propose an open account at this bank.
Good day Tony. As we are a Digital Bank, online feedback is important to us.
A lot of questions I have addressed below, however I would like to confirm that yes, we are working with law firms and several may have reached out.
In regard to the license: Offshore Banks - Financial Services Unit
Please also see here: ABOUT | EQIBank as the most important element of any bank is the team running it.
I would be happy to answer any questions you may have personally, please do not hesitate to reach out [email protected].
Eli Taranto
Head of Business Development
EQIBank

Blacklist those lawyers if they suggested this scam bank. They probably got same newsletter I got and almost fell for it. Have you seen the banks office. i.e the tyre shop? Buying a license of the Russian Mafia is no way to start a banking business.
Dear Martin,
I kindly refer you to ABOUT | EQIBank where you can find details of the Bank's management team, and I am sure you will come to realise that this is absolutely not the case. Primarily because reputation in banking means everything and every bank team undergoes meticulous checks - no Regulator would ever approve a team which is not up to the global standard. I would also like to point out that EQIBank is an international bank, working with and employing many nationalities. We do not discriminate on grounds of race or religion and work with legitimate, law abiding and responsible partners.

Reactions: Spinat
I regret we were not able to serve you earlier.

Can you elaborate on this please. I have and would never approach your company with all due respect after investigation. However I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I however have some questions @eqicustomercare

1. Are Eqibanks management team based in Dominica?
1. Can I see a picture of your banks office from outside?
2. Who are your correspondence banks?

Reactions: Sols and Spinat
I don't put any faith in a Dominican offshore bank license. Just look at the banks currently listed and previous banks. Not exactly the upper echelons of the financial services industry and supervision. Not a single reputable bank licensed there.

The unsecured Wordpress website hosted on a cheap web host doesn't instill much confidence either. Hopefully you forked out a little more than a few pennies a month for the core banking infrastructure.

What's with the private WHOIS information? What are you hiding from? Let me guess, you're hiding from everyone. That's why you got a secretive Dominican banking license instead of something serious and reputable.

Reactions: Martin Everson
Let's hope this will develop into something useful for all of us :confused:

In regard to the license: Offshore Banks - Financial Services Unit
Please also see here: ABOUT | EQIBank as the most important element of any bank is the team running it.

We are not too concerned who is fronting the bank. I can buy a management team from anywhere at the right price. I want to know who is behind it all and where they are based.

@eqicustomercare Eli Taranto left Narodiny Credit Bank in Russia and works for Eqibank now? This is the gy we should contact right? Is he still based in Moscow or is he working now from Dominica? What hours are best to contact him?

Can you elaborate on this please. I have and would never approach your company with all due respect after investigation. However I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I however have some questions @eqicustomercare

1. Are Eqibanks management team based in Dominica?
1. Can I see a picture of your banks office from outside?
2. Who are your correspondence banks?

EQIBank has team members in Dominica. EQI's Cayman base is EQITech at Strathvale House. Kindly see photo attached with Chris Burke, Director, and CEO Jim O'Neill in the office, along with other members of the team.
Our correspondent bank is Texas Capital Bank through our partnership with Kingdom Trust Digital Banking Hub, EQIBank, Announces Insured Custody Services | Markets Insider
Other correspondents on the way.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Attachments

• 2891d00e-1672-4043-99b0-21ab47249e26 (1).jpg
    2891d00e-1672-4043-99b0-21ab47249e26 (1).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 498
  • 2891d00e-1672-4043-99b0-21ab47249e26.jpg
    2891d00e-1672-4043-99b0-21ab47249e26.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 480
With regard to all the other questions about EQIBank - please note, that partnerships such as the one with Kingdom Trust, as well as receiving a license in a British Commonwealth Territory requires extensive team background checks as well as regular audits that are delivered both to the Regulator in Dominica and the East Caribbean Central Bank. Because EQIBank does not offer lending, as we are a transactional bank, Client funds are incredibly well positioned, safe and secure.

receiving a license in a British Commonwealth Territory requires extensive team background checks as well as regular audits that are delivered both to the Regulator in Dominica and the East Caribbean Central Bank.

Are you trying to leverage Dominica's past ties to the British Empire to somehow equate it to, for example, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and - of course - UK? If so, why not just get a banking license there instead?

• Haha
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for the photos and the name of the correspondence bank you are using. However I also asked who is behind EQIbank? Also where is Eli Taranto based...you avoided answering that question?

please note, that partnerships such as the one with Kingdom Trust

A relationship with a Dakota custodian is not exactly impressive sadly :confused:.

as well as receiving a license in a British Commonwealth Territory requires extensive team background checks as well as regular audits that are delivered both to the Regulator in Dominica and the East Caribbean Central Bank.

Like Sols said why on earth are you playing up Dominica like its credible jurisdiction. It only just got removed from EU blacklist and does not have a good reputation. Your license was acquired from the Russian Mafia was it not? Your bank was formally called Interoceanic Bank of the Caribbean Inc a known laundromat. The name change was reported on government website.

You are still using the same address on your website of Interoceanic Bank before name change also which is tyre workshop right or wrong?:

EQIBank Limited
24 Hillsborough Street Suite II, Roseau Dominica, Dominica.

Perhaps you can explain the below?

Whichever way you look at it something is not right here. A former Russian laundromat now eqibank and still with Russian involvement. Who is behind this whole operation? ns2 We want to know the UBO's not the front men.

Hopefully all these coincidences are just that and everything you are doing is legit.

Thanks for the photos and the name of the correspondence bank you are using. However I also asked who is behind EQIbank? Also where is Eli Taranto based...you avoided answering that question?

A relationship with a Dakota custodian is not exactly impressive sadly :confused:.

Like Sols said why on earth are you playing up Dominica like its credible jurisdiction. It only just got removed from EU blacklist and does not have a good reputation. Your license was acquired from the Russian Mafia was it not? Your bank was formally called Interoceanic Bank of the Caribbean Inc a known laundromat. The name change was reported on government website.

You are still using the same address on your website of Interoceanic Bank before name change also which is tyre workshop right or wrong?:

EQIBank Limited
24 Hillsborough Street Suite II, Roseau Dominica, Dominica.

Perhaps you can explain the below?

Whichever way you look at it something is not right here. A former Russian laundromat now eqibank and still with Russian involvement. Who is behind this whole operation? ns2 We want to know the UBO's not the front men.

Hopefully all these coincidences are just that and everything you are doing is legit.

Thank you for your note. EQIBank is a bank owned and operated by US/UK nationals with over 250 years of banking experience - all of which is available to research. Eli Taranto is American based between London and New York, and yes he did work with Russia. Russia, like any country has its good and bad players, this is true. However Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Asia are nonetheless big markets and banks fully appreciate the complexity and economic potential of these territories. EQIBank is a private offshore bank and therefore we prefer not to expose our UBOs for their security and that of our clients. The reason the bank is offshore is because it has chosen this as a business model to provide global digital services to its customers using entirely legal and legitimate ways - 90% of the top S&P500 work in offshore jurisdictions, as do many of the readers of this forum, for the obvious advantages they offer. The jurisdiction of Dominica was chosen because the Bank's management believed it to be an advantage.
We would suggest to simply try the bank - of course there are legitimate concerns. Trust is built over time just like any relationship and we welcome any feedback - or, for that matter, any of our clients to set up a call with Group CEO Jason Blick, or CEO Jim O'Neill. They can all be reached on LinkedIn and as always, we would be happy to set up a personal call here - please message with your details.

Thank you for your note. EQIBank is a bank owned and operated by US/UK nationals with over 250 years of banking experience - all of which is available to research.
How old are your shareholders? Are vampires allowed to hold shares in banks?

Or are you doing that smarmy marketing trick of combining simultaneous experience across a large group of people to a bigger number?

I could hire 250 bank tellers for minimum wage and call it 250 years of experience. Or 25 with 10 years. That's probably a bit cheaper.

The reason the bank is offshore is because it has chosen this as a business model to provide global digital services to its customers using entirely legal and legitimate ways - 90% of the top S&P500 work in offshore jurisdictions
Are you talking about tax planning using Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Ireland, and The Netherlands? Because surely you know they aren't actually based there. They just use such jurisdictions to lower their tax burdens.

You won't find a lot of S&P 500 in Dominica.

EQIBank is a private offshore bank and therefore we prefer not to expose our UBOs for their security and that of our clients.

Thanks for your reply. You are just confirming the operation is truly shady indeed I guess :(.

You don't want to reveal the UBO's of the bank but want to offer banking services to the public. You feel it is the interest of security of your "clients" to not know the UBO's....lol? Never heard that one before.

A bank that will require clients to go through KYC and due diligence including declaring UBO on a new account yet does not want to reveal the banks UBO's is hypocritical is it not? ns2.

The red flags are there for the public to see. This bank is exactly what I think it is. However like FBME and Satabank we have to wait for it to play out.

Reactions: Remy
"we prefer not to expose our UBOs " - As an agent, i can tell you that this is nearly impossible to send customers over, unless they get a business so shady that it turns out as the only banking solution available on the market... Nevertheless, wish you good luck !

Thanks for your reply. You are just confirming the operation is truly shady indeed I guess :(.

You don't want to reveal the UBO's of the bank but want to offer banking services to the public. You feel it is the interest of security of your "clients" to not know the UBO's....lol? Never heard that one before.

A bank that will require clients to go through KYC and due diligence including declaring UBO on a new account yet does not want to reveal the banks UBO's is hypocritical is it not? ns2.

The red flags are there for the public to see. This bank is exactly what I think it is. However like FBME and Satabank we have to wait for it to play out.

Do you actually believe that all banks, especially smaller ones, are revealing UBO?

Latest Threads