Our valued sponsor

Establishing presence in the U.S. without paying taxes there

Greetings Everyone,

I run a translation company in Greece (with a registered VAT/VIES number), and I want to expand my services to the US B2B and retail market, primarly through Google Ads.

From what I understand, to become trustworthy to the average site visitor and potential client, I need to have some kind of a presence in the United States (who would choose a company from the other side of the world, correct?).

So, getting a U.S. VOIP number is easy. The other main point is the company U.S. address. Ideally, I'd like to establish a presence with no tax obligations (Representative Office), with a virtual office in a business center, or just a P.O. Box (I have a person in the U.S. who can handle post office transactions).

What would you suggest? Renting a P.O. Box? Establishing a Rep Office? If so, do you have a State of preference or a useful link that can smooth the process? Every input is welcome and appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes, but is it possible to run and advertise a virtual office, without establishing a U.S. company (provided you do not employ anyone), and therefore, not being required to pay U.S. taxes/declare income?
You are worrying too much about it. Anybody can pay $10/month and put a US address on his site. The US IRS does not look for anybody that wrote an address on his site and looks for his Greek company to ask for taxes. You are liable for taxes if you open a US company and use it to trade, otherwise not.

You are worrying too much about it. Anybody can pay $10/month and put a US address on his site. The US IRS does not look for anybody that wrote an address on his site and looks for his Greek company to ask for taxes. You are liable for taxes if you open a US company and use it to trade, otherwise not.
Thank you very much for your valuable input.

The reason I worry to much is because, I've followed the 100% percent legal road, and since I pay a high price for that, I want to ensure that I do not leave any gaps.

Reactions: Silvio

Latest Threads