Our valued sponsor

Estonia as holding company

Please correct me if I'm mistaken but doesn't Estonia have 10% tax? Isn't it only tax free if you're ordinarily resident in Estonia? Estonia and the EU in general scare me a lot--there's something so unstable about putting your life in the hands of a poorly managed country with prohibitively high taxes when there are tax-free options out there. My experience is that the BVI is a wonderful jurisdiction with absolutely zero taxes ever.
When starting out, it's easy to think, well, who cares about 10% tax? However, when it comes time to send your hard earned revenue to some random government that has done nothing for you and never will then you'll start to regret not being based overseas from day 1. I know Estonia has the e-citizenship offer, but it's not a stable country.

I think you should do some research on Google first. Search for things like the parent-subsidiary directive (PSD), withholding taxes, corporate income tax, and just general information about the Estonian tax code.
I’m not saying a BVI company can never be useful, but for most people, it wouldn’t make sense. Just because the BVI doesn’t charge taxes, doesn’t mean you don’t have to pay taxes, quite the opposite. It’s funny that you write “isn’t that only applicable for residents of Estonia”, when essentially that’s how it is with the BVI...

Latest Threads