Our valued sponsor

EU Banks Open to Non-Residents

Silvio

Pro Member
Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Was thinking of starting this thread about banks in the EU that are open towards non-residents. As some of us here don't like\trust EMIs and want to spread our risk over multiple insured banks...

Preferably with:
* Low account maintenance fees (1-10 EUR per month max)
* Low min deposit (up to 10k)

Few I know that open are:
* MILLENNIUM BANK in Poland (open to EU residents but also non-EU)
* STANDARD BANK in Isle of Man
* In Czech Republic some banks may be open to non residents.
* ING in LUXEMBOURG

Anybody tried in other EU countries? How about Hungary\Finland\Denmark\Sweden\etc?

I think it will be hard with ING in Luxembourg.

You may take a look at the Baltic countries.
They quite often deal with non-residents. But they are more expensive and quite often involved in money laundering, like Versobank, ABLV or Danske Bank.

If you go for Hungary, then try to get an Euro account. There was a high inflation of HUF in the past years.

@maxmmm it's a great idea to start a thread like that, thanks. However, did you tried any of the banks you have mentioned in your initial post?

Most of these banks are regular retail banks so I doubt any of them allow remote opening. That's also the beauty of these banks - because they are retail banks they are a lot cheaper and their minimums much smaller...

I assume with local lawyer it may be possible to open remotely but I think they will find it very strange and it may trigger a rejection.

Regarding the question if I personally tried- A friend of a friend of my neighbor tried and confirmed they opened successfully ;)
Btw ING Luxembourg requires minimum deposit of 100K EUR.

Information found on the site therefore, It may be possible to open Standard Bank account remotely, according to the information I located. See below!

HOW TO GET IT
  • You will need to complete the online registration form available via the international online website
  • Choose your password and memorable date
  • Once the registration is complete you will be provided with a 6 digit reference number and can call the Personal Banking Team to complete it or the Internet Banking Team will call you within 1 business day.

Barclays International Jersey/UK opens remotely online. £25,000 minimum deposit. They open for Nigerians, Egyptians etc but list shrinks each week...lol.

Barclays International Jersey/UK opens remotely online. £25,000 minimum deposit. They open for Nigerians, Egyptians etc but list shrinks each week...lol.

You could be right about that then again it could depend on the amount of money one plans to deposit and meeting certain requirements. Yes! even if the list is shrinking some advantage can overcome such procedure. Cheers!

Seems like OTP Bank in Hungary and K&H bank in Hungary open accounts for non-residents but their foreign currency accounts slightly expensive (they charge some 0.6% or so on payments also with debit card)
and you are sure they allow remote account opening?

sounds not to bad. I would consider them as some of the reliable banks or not?

Bank Austria - Private Customers .

Non-resident individuals welcome to apply as long as they have an economic connection to Austria. For example, if you own property and collect rent, you have a sufficient justification for the account. Remote opening not possible. Non-resident corporate accounts generally not available, but EUEA companies with EUEA directors (or Russian directors) have a chance, if they have reputable clients in Austria.

sounds not to bad. I would consider them as some of the reliable banks or not?

You mean is Barclays Bank International reliable or not?

Bank Austria - Private Customers .

Non-resident individuals welcome to apply as long as they have an economic connection to Austria. For example, if you own property and collect rent, you have a sufficient justification for the account. Remote opening not possible. Non-resident corporate accounts generally not available, but EUEA companies with EUEA directors (or Russian directors) have a chance, if they have reputable clients in Austria.

Interesting, where did you find it?

Latest Threads