Our valued sponsor

EU bans SWIFT from select Russian banks, limits Golden Visa programs for Russians

Third, we commit to acting against the people and entities who facilitate the war in Ukraine and the harmful activities of the Russian government. Specifically, we commit to taking measures to limit the sale of citizenship—so called golden passports—that let wealthy Russians connected to the Russian government become citizens of our countries and gain access to our financial systems.
Anyone have any idea how this will be implemented? Is it limited only to Russians connected to the government or any Russian nationals or are they trying to just stop such programs altogether?

Last edited:
Reactions: boomy and FlipnShip
Weak and useless EU is doomed. EU politicians/puppets don’t have any idea of what they are doing. This is what in reality the EU is doing:

105A539B-1D44-4BCE-91D7-9F4DE85C5A53.gif

I'm abroad and don't live in Russia, and currently I'm using a russian card. Not of a major bank.
I have others too, of other countries.

This morning I got scared when a payment didn't pass through, for a coffee. Later I was able to pay in other places, though. Bloody buroctratic and unreliable brazilian payment network - one never knows when a payment will work and when not.

I'm abroad and don't live in Russia, and currently I'm using a russian card. Not of a major bank.
I have others too, of other countries.

This morning I got scared when a payment didn't pass through, for a coffee. Later I was able to pay in other places, though. Bloody buroctratic and unreliable brazilian payment network - one never knows when a payment will work and when not.
Better to empty your account by buying crypto

Leaving aside those places that accept native crypto payments, use a credit card funded with crypto. Plenty of choice: Binance, crypto.com, Wirex etc.
Give me any option of such a card which doesn't require a residency or any similar proof of living in either UK, Europe, US, CA or AU? I don't live there and have no such proof. And haven't found any card that I could get.

What's the difference between paying in crypto and paying in fiat? None. The only difference is that with fiat you make an exchange, via p2p, crypto -> fiat, in advance. But you pay anyway and you pay something, always.

Last edited:
Give me any option of such a card which doesn't require a residency or any similar proof of living in either UK, Europe, US, CA or AU? I don't live there and have no such proof. And haven't found any card that I could get.

What's the difference between paying in crypto and paying in fiat? None. The only difference is that with fiat you make an exchange, via p2p, crypto -> fiat, in advance. But you pay anyway and you pay something, always.
You play their game, follow their rules: use a fake utility bill. Easy to buy on the web for a few bucks.

That's an interesting option. Won't that be considered some crime? Or in the worst case scenario they simply won't accept a utility bill? But if they do accept it, it's done -- it's forgotten, here's your card?
Just make the psycho monkeys in the compliance department happy. Nobody can verify an utility bill. It’s cheap and easy.

Reactions: KDX
EU and US having a laugh. See what I wrote below in another thread about the joke of a limited SWIFT ban. It is meaningless long term and EU have left themselves with nowhere to go if Russia does not crumble. It will just make Russia more self sufficient...lol.

yeah that's true. I don't believe you can put pressure on Putin like this!

Yup Putin has been looking East for a while now. Russia shares a border with China so nothing West can do really. I think Putin has planned for all of this blow back for years. He has de-dollarized a lot and even tested disconnecting from internet.

Reactions: FlipnShip and boomy