Our valued sponsor

EU Blacklist updated - Bahamas, Panama, Mauritius

How the f**k do you want to force a country that is 8000 km away and has no political or economical dependence on you to implement a new tax?

And why are you so hypocritical Mrs. Leyen? Perhaps you can look closer at Estonia which also has zero corporate tax on reinvested profits. Or look at other EU member states.

EU is trying to bully others same way as USA is doing. The difference is that the US has some respect and power. EU has none of that, it is an insecure partnership that is afraid of falling apart from the inside.

Yup that's the mafia the EU are throwing their weight around. It is neo colonialism by the backdoor. Next they will want to push for changes in law that protect same sex relationships etc etc. I'm watching how EU will treat UK after December 31st 2020 if no deal is struck ns2.

P.S Get out of the EU while you still can and thank me later....lol.

Last edited:
It's actually worst than that:

"The Attorney General last night said senior European officials and politicians have warned The Bahamas: "We won't take our foot off your neck until you implement a corporate income tax." #Carl Bethel QC revealed that a "senior" member of the European parliament had delivered this extraordinarily blunt message to The Bahamas' ambassador to the European Union (EU), Maria O'Brien, as this nation's inclusion on the bloc's anti-financial crime blacklist was confirmed yesterday."

Did the EU actually realize they already win and that the Finance Industry is already on their knee with literally all banks leaving one by one the country (Societe General, UBS, and now Julius Baer), right now they're shooting on somebody already lying down from Hurricane Dorian, COVID-19 (and Tourism represent more than 50% of GDP) and a dead financial industry?

I'm worried about The Bahamas.

Did the EU actually realize they already win and that the Finance Industry is already on their knee with literally all banks leaving one by one the country (Societe General, UBS, and now Julius Baer), right now they're shooting on somebody already lying down from Hurricane Dorian, COVID-19 (and Tourism represent more than 50% of GDP) and a dead financial industry?

I'm worried about The Bahamas.

Tourism worldwide will be down considerably for a little while but The Bahamas will be hurt even more than most.

Cruise lines are in shambles.

Atlantis is aged and needs considerable upgrades.

Bahamar is nice and fancy but is just a Vegas resort on a beach.

Waterparks will only bring people back so many times.

Pricing at all these places are ridiculous in general and the VAT only made that worse. Your average middle class family can barely afford vacations now, imagine in recessionary times.

I am not even going to touch on the locals problems with wages and cost of basic necessities.

Go to a market and try to buy a case of bottled water! Lol

Reactions: LizZinga
Oh, and let's not forget about the crime. Even though mostly contained to lower income areas the murder rate and violent crime is quite high for such a small place.

The harder times will get the more the crime will get worse.

It's quite sad because in reality it is a beautifull place even outside the gated communities :)

Reactions: LizZinga

Latest Threads