Our valued sponsor

EU living in Georgia - Not elegible for 1% scheme - where to incorporate?

I was in same boat as yours and had terrible starting point with Georgia
But
Batumi?
You are in Georgia but you are missing the entire life.
Go to Tbilisi
Go to Vake area
Chavchavadze avenue
The entire area is like Budapest
Modern, normal cool friendly people, million shops , coffee shops, restaurants, social life. Affordable living.
You are in the wrong place. If go there your entire experience will change in 1 minute.
Hi 11111 thanks for your input, it´s good to know your insights and share experiences from Georgia!
My plan, if i stay here is to probably move to Tbilisi in the Spring as here the prices will become impossible due to summer season tourism.
For now I dont want to go there because the weather is really much worse, (yesterday the 29Th of november i was shirtless at the beach!)
I like this beach lyfestile, walking/running along the beach. but the most important point is accomodation: here i am able to find brand new studio apartments in high towers all equipped, modern and confortable. In tbilisi is only old normal housing, i think the price is lower but it is hard to live there for someone who is not used to it and speacially in the Winter, the alternative is to find very good housing but paying expat price, which i dont want because the point of being here is to have a cheap cost of living. I was comparing both cities in terms of apartaments quality and cost, tbilisi is cheaper but older worse houses. Definetely good to try for the summer. and then for next winter i will have to decide if i come back to Batumi or probably spend winter in turkey for better weather and if the GEL/TRY keeps getting worse.
I think Tbilisi should have more traffic noise polution, but should be better for dating and social life, but i am seeing the georgians as very conservative so probably dating will only be good with other expats, which there are more there as well.
Let me know your toughts!
Did you open a company here? Was it really 100 lari and thats it?

Have you checked Arad? Seems a good region for me, on the smaller side, cheap, not very touristic. Curious if quality of life and infrastructure there is significantly worst than other better known cities.
I drove through Arad and had a coffee stop. It is very close to Hungary. The cost of living is probably 10-15% cheaper than Timisoara. Too me it felt even more provincial than Oradea. I did not like the feel of the town, the main road from Oradea to Timisoara goes straight through the centre.

I drove through Arad and had a coffee stop. It is very close to Hungary. The cost of living is probably 10-15% cheaper than Timisoara. Too me it felt even more provincial than Oradea. I did not like the feel of the town, the main road from Oradea to Timisoara goes straight through the centre.
Can you elaborate on what you did not like about it?

Latest Threads