Our valued sponsor

EU mobile Bank for EU citizen

viperia

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

It's a noob question: I am EU Citizen, my company is registered in Seychelles. my payment processor in asia.
I have a mobil bank in Hong kong but i can't have a swift with them (the process is coplicated with them).
So i'm looking for a mobile bank with "constant" swift.
Can i go to ePayments.com or Transferwise without AEOI fear (i am EU citizen and they are EU based)?

Thank for your time!

The reporting will be with almost any EMI you choose, however, I would look into Mister Tango for this purpose or Revolut.

Reactions: Martin Everson
Thanks. i try but Revolut not working for non-Eu company.
Mistertango ask for notary docs and my agent (whho form the comapny) ask me 600€ for the notary stamp!!!

Waht do you think about transferwise, paysera,.. it could be a good option for my situation?

The reporting will be with almost any EMI you choose
do you mean they WILL report or do report right now?
if you mean in present then please provide a link to regulatory rules that require that
or do you just think they are doing it voluntarily? would it be even technically possible?

Reactions: respect
CRS reporting of an EMI/PSP depends on the interpretation of Depository Institution. In Malta for example they gave guidance according to PWC on how to handle CRS reporting for EMI/PSP. The area in general is completely gray and therefore it is correct to assume they will report unless told otherwise. (See my comment at bottom).

Extract :
---------------------

On the 14th of February 2017, the Commissioner for Revenue updated the Malta CRS Guidelines. Some of the updates are very important and may change the CRS classification / status of certain entities. This newsletter lists the salient amendments and includes some additional comments:

Update to Guideline 2.1.1.2 - Depository Institution
New guidelines were introduced to clarify the interpretation of the category: Depository Institution. This new guidance should help with the proper classification of certain institutions:

“Electronic Money Institutions (EMI) and Payment Service Providers (PSP) regulated by the Financial Institutions Act, which transposes the EU Electronic Money Directive (2009/110/EC) and the EU Payment
Services Directive (2007/64/EC) into local legislation, are not deposit-takers for the purposes of the EU Capital Requirement Directives. Issuing electronic money (e-money) in exchange for funds, i.e. providing an e-money account in which to hold funds, does not constitute deposit-taking. Any funds received by Payment Institutions from payment service users, with a view to the provision of payment
services, does not constitute deposit-taking. Consequently, EMIs and PSPs will not fall within the definition of Depository Institution, which requires deposits to be accepted in the ordinary course of a banking or similar business. In the case of EMIs and PSPs however, one would have to consider whether a PSP, which for instance holds money
until clearance, or an EMI which is authorized to issue e-money and transfer this to third parties, could fall to be defined as a Custodial Institution. As a point of note, if merchant services payments simply flow through systems but were not retained in an account, then such payments are not to be considered as a Financial Account.”

----------------------

So an EMI/PSP could still be considered a Custodial Institution and hence report. In reality you would need to ask the question directly to your EMI/PSP - "Are you registered for for CRS AEOI?"

For example UK entities would register here if they had too:

How to register for Automatic Exchange of Information