Our valued sponsor

eu vaccine passport

You have to be an EU citizen and fulfill one of the following requirements:

1. Been vaccinated against COVID-19
2. Received a negative test result
3. recovered from COVID-19

Note that if you just have the second one, you may be forced to quarantine or be tested on entry if 72h hours have passed since you had the PCR test done.

If you have the first or third requirement, you can travel without having to quarantine yourself or be tested

You must be in the EU and stay there more than one month to be vaccinated there. Where I'm now, I can get the Chinese vaccine, but it's not recognized by the EU. So I'll have to get a PCR test to enter, then get the first vaccine, wait 3 weeks, get the second shot, and then wait 2 more weeks to get the passport. Note: everything must be done in the same country. That is the huge problem, you must remain 5 full weeks in the same place...

You must be in the EU and stay there more than one month to be vaccinated there. Where I'm now, I can get the Chinese vaccine, but it's not recognized by the EU. So I'll have to get a PCR test to enter, then get the first vaccine, wait 3 weeks, get the second shot, and then wait 2 more weeks to get the passport. Note: everything must be done in the same country. That is the huge problem, you must remain 5 full weeks in the same place...
If you're from another country and you've been vaccinated there, in the near future you'll also be able to get the EU certificate.

You have to be an EU citizen and fulfill one of the following requirements:

1. Been vaccinated against COVID-19
2. Received a negative test result
3. recovered from COVID-19

Note that if you just have the second one, you may be forced to quarantine or be tested on entry if 72h hours have passed since you had the PCR test done.

If you have the first or third requirement, you can travel without having to quarantine yourself or be tested
Hi, unfortunately, it's not that simple with regards to traveling and self-isolation. You always have to follow the respective immigration regulations of the destination country, regardless of whether you are vaccinated or not. Regulations in every country are different and are changing constantly.

Hi, unfortunately, it's not that simple with regards to traveling and self-isolation. You always have to follow the respective immigration regulations of the destination country, regardless of whether you are vaccinated or not. Regulations in every country are different and are changing constantly.
That's not true.

If you have the covid passport, you should (in principle) be able to move freely in those countries that have implemented the passport system. Some may have specific restrictions/isolation measures but it shouldn't be common at all as they'll have to justify to the EU why those restrictions/measures are being taken.

Just as an example, I was able to travel to France, had my covid passport checked, and enter the country without having to get tested or isolate myself. A week later I came back to the country I reside in and I had my covid passport checked again and entered without any issues (France was/is a high-risk country atm). The only extra thing I had to fill in was a paper stating where I stayed (as in the hotel, apartment, etc), my plane seat, and some other information (this paper has been required for almost over a year already whenever you're traveling to most of EU).

I have friends who have gone to Portugal and Germany and the process was exactly the same.

That's not true.

If you have the covid passport, you should (in principle) be able to move freely in those countries that have implemented the passport system. Some may have specific restrictions/isolation measures but it shouldn't be common at all as they'll have to justify to the EU why those restrictions/measures are being taken.

Just as an example, I was able to travel to France, had my covid passport checked, and enter the country without having to get tested or isolate myself. A week later I came back to the country I reside in and I had my covid passport checked again and entered without any issues (France was/is a high-risk country atm). The only extra thing I had to fill in was a paper stating where I stayed (as in the hotel, apartment, etc), my plane seat, and some other information (this paper has been required for almost over a year already whenever you're traveling to most of EU).

I have friends who have gone to Portugal and Germany and the process was exactly the same.
Hi legrant, I based my statement on facts that are supported by my own personal experiences. It has nothing to do with the ability of "freely moving", the only thing a EU certificate grants you when traveling is "the same rights as citizens of the visited Member State who were vaccinated, tested or recovered from COVID-19". Quarantine and self-isolation regulations are up to each individual country and are not automatically lifted when you have a certificate. It's in each traveler's best interest to check the rules of the respective country before booking a travel ticket in order to avoid some unpleasant surprises. ;-)

Hi legrant, I based my statement on facts that are supported by my own personal experiences. It has nothing to do with the ability of "freely moving", the only thing a EU certificate grants you when traveling is "the same rights as citizens of the visited Member State who were vaccinated, tested or recovered from COVID-19". Quarantine and self-isolation regulations are up to each individual country and are not automatically lifted when you have a certificate. It's in each traveler's best interest to check the rules of the respective country before booking a travel ticket in order to avoid some unpleasant surprises. ;-)
As I said, "Member States shall refrain from imposing additional travel restrictions on the holders of an EU Digital COVID Certificate, unless they are necessary and proportionate to safeguard public health. In such a case, the Member State must inform the Commission and all other Member States in a timely manner and provide reasons for such new measures."

I've gone to 3 different countries and the covid passport was the only thing needed (besides the other paper I mentioned above).

Another example of what you're saying is either wrong or not being applied at all is the following. If you travel from the UK (not even an EU country) to Portugal, you're required to quarantine for 14 days, however, if you have an EU covid passport, you are not required to quarantine at all. So that's proof of "Member States shall refrain from imposing additional travel restrictions".

Furthermore, having to quarantine already having the vaccine is a bit absurd unless you have symptoms, which would fall under the "unless they are necessary and proportionate to safeguard public health" text.

Reactions: jjrapy
The problem with the EU Covid passport is that you need to be inside the EU to get it. Where I am, I could get the Chinese vaccine, but it's not recognized in the EU, so each time I'm travelling to the EU, I must pay to get a test to cross the border. I know you can get vaccinated for free when you're inside, but you must stay there a whole month to get it (2 shots + delay to get the passport).

Note that I've been 4 times to Hungary, and nobody asked me anything at the border. In Serbia, a guy asked me a test, but I was too slow getting it out of my pocket, so he told me to move away. Austria is the worst. I was asked to get out of the car to show my test. MNE don't ask anything, that's cool.

The problem with the EU Covid passport is that you need to be inside the EU to get it. Where I am, I could get the Chinese vaccine, but it's not recognized in the EU, so each time I'm travelling to the EU, I must pay to get a test to cross the border. I know you can get vaccinated for free when you're inside, but you must stay there a whole month to get it (2 shots + delay to get the passport).

Note that I've been 4 times to Hungary, and nobody asked me anything at the border. In Serbia, a guy asked me a test, but I was too slow getting it out of my pocket, so he told me to move away. Austria is the worst. I was asked to get out of the car to show my test. MNE don't ask anything, that's cool.
Please note that in certain places (such as the canary islands), you cannot get vaccinated that easily, you'll have to live here for a while, get proof of that and then go ask to get an appointment.

@Markus @newNomad @shitcoinbro

You must not get the v@x!ne, to get a card.
Some teams do provide Valid C@v!d v@x!ne Pass/Cards for those who do not want to be v@x!nated but are forced to do so by either their employers or to carry on with their daily activities without hassles.
This process is done by professional medical personnel who have access in the database, they will be in charge registering the card on to the database and a QR code will be generated which will be used to verify your v@x!ne status. Any verification will reveal you have been v@x!ned.

After this process is completed your card will be mailed to your address. This process takes about 3 to 4 days.
US, Canada, Europe and Australia

Remember me in your prayers :)

@Markus @newNomad @shitcoinbro

You must not get the v@x!ne, to get a card.
Some teams do provide Valid C@v!d v@x!ne Pass/Cards for those who do not want to be v@x!nated but are forced to do so by either their employers or to carry on with their daily activities without hassles.
This process is done by professional medical personnel who have access in the database, they will be in charge registering the card on to the database and a QR code will be generated which will be used to verify your v@x!ne status. Any verification will reveal you have been v@x!ned.

After this process is completed your card will be mailed to your address. This process takes about 3 to 4 days.
US, Canada, Europe and Australia

Remember me in your prayers :)
I don’t know how CDC vax system works, but no way it could work in EUSSR. You’d need people in charge of nationals DB, way too risky for them.

Latest Threads