Our valued sponsor

EUR/USD exchange rate

View attachment 4402
the trend doesn't appear to change much - what are your thoughts about the future development?
well for the us, you can say: Well played.
they succeeded and usd became very strong. And now it can be reversed reflating economy. And then we go into the next round.
Its a smart move, other cbs are now forced to kill their economy while the us will have high flying valuation before the rest.

the question is if/when - I mean short-term
long-term dollar will strengthen inevitably
the dollar is also a weak currency, just better than the others. So it might strengthen against other fiat currencies, but not against limited deflationary assets.

Id bet on about the same length since ecb became hawkish after the fed. I have not looked up that time, but i guess its about 9-12 months.

View attachment 4402
the trend doesn't appear to change much - what are your thoughts about the future development?
I like it. Many investors will get burned because they think Euro strength will persists.
The Euro will climb a bit further (I do not have a target) and than collapse again. Everytime in the past 15 years the Euro went lower with the next collapse, everytime in the past 15 years Euro strength faltered once everybody believed it is here to stay.
So, for somebody who does not care about daily or even monthly charts it is clear where to invest. Certainly not in Euro, which is more like an Emerging Market currency, considering meebersof the Eurozone.

Reactions: 369
I like it. Many investors will get burned because they think Euro strength will persists.
The Euro will climb a bit further (I do not have a target) and than collapse again. Everytime in the past 15 years the Euro went lower with the next collapse, everytime in the past 15 years Euro strength faltered once everybody believed it is here to stay.
So, for somebody who does not care about daily or even monthly charts it is clear where to invest. Certainly not in Euro, which is more like an Emerging Market currency, considering meebersof the Eurozone.
" Certainly not in Euro, which is more like an Emerging Market currency, considering meebersof the Eurozone." Elaborate please?
Hasn't also the Euro strengthened considerably during times of US recessions? I'm thinking of 2008 mostly and it seems like the US is heading there now too. Everyone was saying the Euro is doomed from the summer to fall without giving a clear explanation why with the exception of the gas crisis and the upcoming oil shortage from the price cap, but that's yet to be seen.

" Certainly not in Euro, which is more like an Emerging Market currency, considering meebersof the Eurozone." Elaborate please?
Hasn't also the Euro strengthened considerably during times of US recessions? I'm thinking of 2008 mostly and it seems like the US is heading there now too. Everyone was saying the Euro is doomed from the summer to fall without giving a clear explanation why with the exception of the gas crisis and the upcoming oil shortage from the price cap, but that's yet to be seen.
Eu will follow the us into an even harsher recession. But that will hit just later. Until this happens, euro usd will slightly outperform.

We really live in a simulation

Now they are changing the way inflation is calculated
rof/%

They are doing it the past 15 years

USD is near 2 major resistance.
Like Backpager said the second wave will be lower than the first wave.
Fed made it clear they won't pivot so 0.5% is coming.
Or does anyone belive that german industry is so great we will hit a new all time high naturaly ?

They are doing it the past 15 years

USD is near 2 major resistance.
Like Backpager said the second wave will be lower than the first wave.
Fed made it clear they won't pivot so 0.5% is coming.
Or does anyone belive that german industry is so great we will hit a new all time high naturaly ?
nevertheless, current futures and currency forwards expect continuous growth from current 1.08 to 1.14 during the next 3 years - obviously it's nothing certain and it's difficult to predict, especially future :D - just pointing out on this disproportion

growth ?
In all seriousness what growth are we talking about ?
German companies moving away to the US or Russia/China ,mass kick out announced already ,Savings from people down from 17 points to 2.4 points ,China opening and already announced that they need oil where even conservative analyst predict an oil price of $110 per barrel ,Russia stopping oil from feb. ,Cap of $60 for russian oil via india (who is going to sell europe the oil) and an inflation which is waiting for its second peak.

Just a matter of time to get players back in to make them lose money.
Euro is dead you just don't know it yet

Some economist warned about this years ago. Just look at target2. But it is somehow still alive...
Euro is a placeholder for Yuan nothing more.
Once the new monetary system is implemented say bye to EURO.
Eastern Europe already executing the Strafor plan to split from EU creating their own union called 3 sea initiative.
Everything is prepared.
You are just watching their playbook so people don't make easy money but lose it.

And btw i wouldn't hold as soon BRICS announce their own payment system USD anyways.
USD EURO will both tank.
Euro because of its desaster in Europe and USD because of losing its sole power as world reserve currency.
If you wanna hold in western currency than SGD,AUD,CAD where AUD will be the best performing one longterm

Reactions: Jorozey
And while the economy is collapsing, the EU is turning into a police state to suppress dissent and free speech. In particular, the new system of digital IDs will be used to prosecute anyone who exposes the lies and corruption of the EU elite.

Don't ask anything, don't ask for proof. Just believe them and be angry. That's all they need from you.

I am so happy that we have democratic checks and balances of power so that a small group of people cannot threaten us with nuclear war, destroy the economy through bad monetary policy, or terrorize us with rampant surveillance and constant violation of our personal rights....

In fact, if the last 3 years seemed scary to you, I have bad news for all of you, because the next 10 are going to be even scarier.

And while the economy is collapsing
Doesn't look that bad to be honest. Was thinking the same. But shops are full. Rent rates are (at least in Germany) very are. Restaurants are filled with people. So far it somehow works.
Of course if Italy defaults or something like this it might be over.
Don't ask anything, don't ask for proof. Just believe them and be angry. That's all they need from you.
That is basically everywhere the case. So don't see anything new or scarry here. The elite rules. jack ma is a good example outside of the eu / usa.
Euro is a placeholder for Yuan nothing more.
I mean it is always a game of manipulation. Also here, you get some benefits if your currency is low. So you can export kind of "cheaper". Europe, China and US have been playing this kind of games for a while. I think we can both agree that yuan is undervalued. Just see how much a tesla costs there and how much it costs in europe or usa.

"Certainly not in Euro, which is more like an Emerging Market currency, considering members of the Eurozone." Elaborate please?
With the notable exception of Austria, Finland, Germany and the Netherlands this hybrid currency consist of members that are either developing nations or economicaly bankrupt countries.
And the unfortuante reality is that ever more weak amd developing countries are eager to join the Euro club whereas the few remaning strong countries in Europe stay away. Both for obvious reasons.

So, if I want to invest in an emerging market currency I can just put money in something that at least comes with higher interest rates.
Not wise to do but at least the (mich) higher interest rates will lessen the (inevitable) pain.

I'm thinking of 2008 mostly and it seems like the US is heading there now too.
It puzzles me that someone compares 2008 with todays' situation. Both have absolutely nothing in common.

Nevertheless, the US (or the FED) is playing the current game excellent. They go through a little pain very early and will come out at a time when the Eurozone will be in deep trouble.
Eurozone coubtriesdo not have any competitive adavantagein today world. They are either on the.mercy of the US (militarily adenergy wise) or desperate to make deals with China, the most unreliable partner one can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: thedirtyteller

Latest Threads