Our valued sponsor

Euro Pacific bank is a scam

I'm really proud to have such defenders. Thanks to them, I can sleep peacefully, trusting that nothing will happen to the money that I haven't seen for 1.5 years.
Even the most solvent bank will not provide such a guarantee. They protect us from them and our funds from us. No money no woman, no woman no cry.

Who can help contextualize these numbers?

Thanks

Trustee has been paid $86k and just over $1m has been paid in winding down fees for a total of $1.1m in costs up till Sept 2023 it seems. No details on what the winding down fees are for but maybe staff, legal costs, software etc.

Reactions: Radko
Trustee has been paid $86k and just over $1m has been paid in winding down fees for a total of $1.1m in costs up till Sept 2023 it seems. No details on what the winding down fees are for but maybe staff, legal costs, software etc.
Those fees should have been minimal. Other than the receiver the bank has had no payroll and no office rent. All the employees were transferred to Qetna. Those that did not go to Qenta quit. Had I been able to liquidate the bank myself, none of those expenses would have been incurred. Plus ,the bank would have received about $500K from Currency Matter, which the receiver blew, and the balance of $700K balance of the $1.2 million paid by Qenta for the accounts. Also had I been allowed to liquidate the bank all funds would have been paid to customers no later than Q4 of 2022.

Reactions: MikeDem
In that case those winding down fees of over a $1m needs to be audited at some point down the line just so people understand what that money was actually spent on ns2.

Reactions: Radko and MikeDem
In that case those winding down fees of over a $1m needs to be audited at some point down the line just so people understand what that money was actually spent on ns2.
I think the main reason the bank has not been liquidated, and customers don't have their funds, is so that the bank can keep paying those fees. The relationships between the Receiver, OCIF, and those receiving those fees needs to be investigated.

Reactions: NorthernDutchman
I would like to know where this money went.... He doesn't say, other than "winding down fees."

1000013992.jpg

I think the main reason the bank has not been liquidated, and customers don't have their funds, is so that the bank can keep paying those fees. The relationships between the Receiver, OCIF, and those receiving those fees needs to be investigated.

Peter, the Receiver transferred $1,975,000 from First Bank to Axos Bank headquartered in San Diego, any idea why?

Last edited:
So now we know more and the whole theory seems to be true. The bank was accused of money laundering. In the meantime, the bank's liquidators decided to launder some of the money themselves. "Winding down fees" sounds like a washing machine.

The bank no longer has a staff. The were all let over 1.5 years ago. Also there is no rent, as the office shut over 15 years ago as well. It's just the receiver and whoever he hired to help him. Though based on what he's done he didn't need any help.

Reactions: MikeDem
I get very little information. I really gave up trying to help over a year ago when it became obvious I was wasting my time. Initially I expected to at least get a million or two back from the $10 million in capital I put up. I no longer expect tot see a penny. I just hope customers get their money eventually. But I have no authority at all to speed up the process.

The receiver is making too much money off of this to want it to end. That's my opinion. So you need to bring the pressure on OCIF. There is not much I cab do personally, as my hands are tied legally due to the settlement. I had hoped that settlement would have at least expedited the return of customer funds. That's one of the main reasons I agreed to it. But the Novo situation same out of left field and screwed that up. It turned out to be a huge windfall for the receiver.

The better argument is that a receiver never should have been appointed. The better alternative was to allow Qenta to buy the bank. The next best alternative was to allow another buyer. There were other qualified buyers who stepped up. Third best was to allow me to liquidate the bank myself without a receiver. I offered to do the job myself for free, and would have personally guaranteed every customer would have been made whole, even if I had to use my own funds to do it. But that would not have been necessary as there was more than enough money available to pay all customers in full, even without the Currency Matters money the receiver blew.

I get very little information. I really gave up trying to help over a year ago when it became obvious I was wasting my time. Initially I expected to at least get a million or two back from the $10 million in capital I put up. I no longer expect tot see a penny. I just hope customers get their money eventually. But I have no authority at all to speed up the process.

The receiver is making too much money off of this to want it to end. That's my opinion. So you need to bring the pressure on OCIF. There is not much I cab do personally, as my hands are tied legally due to the settlement. I had hoped that settlement would have at least expedited the return of customer funds. That's one of the main reasons I agreed to it. But the Novo situation same out of left field and screwed that up. It turned out to be a huge windfall for the receiver.

The better argument is that a receiver never should have been appointed. The better alternative was to allow Qenta to buy the bank. The next best alternative was to allow another buyer. There were other qualified buyers who stepped up. Third best was to allow me to liquidate the bank myself without a receiver. I offered to do the job myself for free, and would have personally guaranteed every customer would have been made whole, even if I had to use my own funds to do it. But that would not have been necessary as there was more than enough money available to pay all customers in full, even without the Currency Matters money the receiver blew.

Peter,

The OCIF didn’t allow the sell to Qenta, that because you are the co-owner of Qenta and part of the management team.

The funds are frozen in Novo banco still today.

Last edited:
Peter,

The OCIF didn’t allow the sell to Qenta, that because you are the co-owner of Qenta and part of the management team.

The funds are frozen in Novo banco still today.
Not true. Had the sale gone through I would have been a 4% minority shareholder in a public company. I would not have been a board member, an officer, or even an employee. Just a passive investor. Also, had OCIF asked we could have restructured the deal to eliminate that ownership. That was just an excuse. OCIF wanted to shut the bank down to send a message that Puerto Rico would not be a haven for tax evaders and money lauders. Not because the bank was actually facilitating either, but due to false allegations made by the media that it was. After OCIF rejected the sale to Qenta, other buyers stepped up. But OCIF refused to allow anyone to buy the bank. The Commissioner wanted it shut down and she wanted all the customers out of Puerto Rico, due to their reputation for being organized criminals, drug dealers, money launderers, and tax evaders, despite knowing none of that was true. The truth didn't matter. All that mattered was the false public perception created by the lies told by the media.

Reactions: wellington and jafo
Someone committed suicide over this as their entire wealth was in the bank and people are STILL awaiting its release ~ Bitcoin fixes this.

Serious bank with advertised serious salary of $2,000 a month...lol. Shout out to every Indian looking for a job....EPB is all yours.
Have you seen compliance salaries in crypto compared to say marketing or devs lol?

• Sad
Reactions: Marketint and jafo
Someone committed suicide over this as their entire wealth was in the bank
This is so sad.... stupi#21
Those involved should be charged with "involuntary" felony murder. They should NOT be imprisoned per sé, but it should be on their permanent record, openly visible on the blockchain! They may have the shadow of the Grim Reaper! It's good for others to know... ;)

I wonder if we'll be at the same dead end next year. I closed my business last month. I can't pretend that everything is ok anymore and I won't be able to pay everything from my own wallet. I wanted well for my business and for my business partners. It's taking too long. Long enough to endanger my family's safety. There will be more victims. The debts are high. I will never be trustworthy again. That's my own defeat by why caused by someone lazy and so destructive.

Reactions: wellington and jafo
Hi All,
anyone has any news? Maybe the group with the legal representative, any news you can share?

What worries me is that no one has the incentive to give us back our money. It's not laziness, it's different convenience. We should think how to realign incentives. If the receiver wants some money or some girlfriends, maybe we can find a way

Mike

If the receiver wants some money or some girlfriends, maybe we can find a way

Lol..he has all your money already so I don't think this will work. And have you seen the women in Puerto Rico I am sure he would be spoiled for choice already ;)

Hi All,
anyone has any news? Maybe the group with the legal representative, any news you can share?

What worries me is that no one has the incentive to give us back our money. It's not laziness, it's different convenience. We should think how to realign incentives. If the receiver wants some money or some girlfriends, maybe we can find a way

Mike
If I'm not mistaken, the chap who organized the initial interaction with the lawyer is the one who sadly decided to bring an end to it all. Apologies if I have the wrong person.

• Sad
Reactions: Radko and MikeDem

Latest Threads