Our valued sponsor

Euro Pacific bank is a scam

The transfer agent was a scam. I talked to EPB yesterday to explain my situation. Do you think it is lost ? Or do I have a chance to get a refund of my funding ?

You have good chance of getting your money back if EPB acted quickly and you have enough evidence to prove it was a scam to them. However you won't be the first or last to be scammed by EPB clients. EPB is home to mostly tax evaders and internet criminals (sorry internet marketing companies....wink wink). The bank is even partially owned by the son of a convicted criminal called Peter Schiff.

If you acted quickly you should be ok fingers crossed thu&¤#

In some case, like ours, it is to comply with regulation, only to then be stuck without financial services support...

Can you explain a bit more please?

• Angry
Reactions: Edge
Looking at LinkedIn, there is one person registered under the name Peter Schiff. Do you think it could be the person you did mention ?

I don't use LinkedIn unfortunately.

The bank is even partially owned by the son of a convicted criminal called Peter Schiff.
I agree with most of your postings, but this comment is really beyond the pale. First, a son is not responsible for the sins of his father. Second, Irwin Schiff was a patriot and anti-income tax advocate who was philosophically aligned with the vast majority of the people on this forum, who ultimately paid the price with his freedom and his life.

From Wikipedia:

Irwin Allen Schiff (/ʃɪf/; February 23, 1928 – October 16, 2015) was an American libertarian and tax resistance advocate[1] known for writing and promoting literature in which he argued that the income tax in the United States is illegal and unconstitutional. Judges in several civil and criminal cases ruled in favor of the federal government and against Schiff. As a result of these judicial rulings Schiff was in a hospital prison serving a sentence of 162 months (13.5 years) at the time of his death at the age of 87.

Peter is on twitter, very active!
Looks like he is active an all medias, I'm following him close because of this thread.

Second, Irwin Schiff was a patriot and anti-income tax advocate who was philosophically aligned with the vast majority of the people on this forum, who ultimately paid the price with his freedom and his life.

There are causes worth dying for but taxes is not one of them. Only a fool would throw his freedom and life away over taxes.

Do you think it worth if I contact him directly, in the case I am not able to get my money back from EPB ?

Yes

It is around 50 kUSD, and I am ready to negotiate with them !

eek¤%&

I would not negotiate over my own money. Just ask for it back.

I am in contact with 2 other French guys in the same situation as me.

What exactly happened here then and how did scam work? ns2

You may want to share the basics (but not too much info) to help others here who may face a similar scam.

Why didn't you use escrow? You just sent money to someone's bank account like that?
It is a long story. Sorry to bother you on this one but I am in a deep s**t. I am based in France. I have been advised by a company called SUCM - Sinclair Upton Capital Management - to invest on US market. I have tried and the results were very good. The money was sent from France to different Escrow Agents worldwide. But when I asked to them to get back one part of my funding they used lots of arguments to refuse. One of the transfer was done to an escrow agent having a bank account in EPB. The escow agent disappeared. But I am in contact with the EPB bank. Not sure they will understand my situation. The transfer to EPB alone was 50 kUSD. Other transfers were in other countries / other banks. Thanks for your though and advises. I have a group of French guys in the same case as me ...

It is a long story. Sorry to bother you on this one but I am in a deep s**t. I am based in France. I have been advised by a company called SUCM - Sinclair Upton Capital Management - to invest on US market. I have tried and the results were very good. The money was sent from France to different Escrow Agents worldwide. But when I asked to them to get back one part of my funding they used lots of arguments to refuse. One of the transfer was done to an escrow agent having a bank account in EPB. The escow agent disappeared. But I am in contact with the EPB bank. Not sure they will understand my situation. The transfer to EPB alone was 50 kUSD. Other transfers were in other countries / other banks. Thanks for your though and advises. I have a group of French guys in the same case as me ...

I hear you ..
This is like when scammers use Skrill instead of Paypal, because the latter has some kind of consumer protection, while Skrill doesn't care ..
Makes sense they use EPB instead of a bank in the UK or Europe where you can submit an official complaint ot regulators ..

I don't think that, whatever this is "OCIF" is gonna help .. Also not sure how you can contact Schiff on Twitter, unlikely that he sees your message he is busy s**t talking bitcoin all day ..

What did the bank say when you contacted them? Are the people with you in the same situation complaining about the same account in EPB ? Maybe try and submit somethin on Trust pilot I know they review that place regularly

Yes

eek¤%&

I would not negotiate over my own money. Just ask for it back.

What exactly happened here then and how did scam work? ns2

You may want to share the basics (but not too much info) to help others here who may face a similar scam.
I hear you ..
This is like when scammers use Skrill instead of Paypal, because the latter has some kind of consumer protection, while Skrill doesn't care ..
Makes sense they use EPB instead of a bank in the UK or Europe where you can submit an official complaint ot regulators ..

I don't think that, whatever this is "OCIF" is gonna help .. Also not sure how you can contact Schiff on Twitter, unlikely that he sees your message he is busy s**t talking bitcoin all day ..

What did the bank say when you contacted them? Are the people with you in the same situation complaining about the same account in EPB ? Maybe try and submit somethin on Trust pilot I know they review that place regularly
They ask me to send a recall at fraud@europacbankcom. I did it yesterday, waiting for their answer. We are around 20 people for a total of around 2 M Euros of loss investment.

I hear you ..

I just sent a request to them yesterday, waiting for their feedback ... I attached some documents as well, as concrete arguments. In total we are 20 people for more than 2 M Euros in different banks. I will try to contact Peter Schiff ...

Hopefully EPB's slow payment processing will work in your favor. Hopefully they have at least taken action to freeze the account immediately awaiting further communication from you.

I have never heard of Sinclair Upton Capital Management. Is it this Chinese looking company below? How well do you know the company?

Could be just a clever conduit to steal funds conf/(%

They are slow Bank and not very good but they are no scam. It’s your fault if you have no documents to provide, can also be drug or weapon money. So it’s not the Bank who is wrong it’s you. So you will tells sms story about every Bank, it’s not that I like Europac That much but they are no scam. Support is okay they offer couple of languages also dutch support available so i called them I worked myself with them and everything is fine as long you send your documents (as every bank compliance ask for)

Does EPB operate a debit card

Debit card only for residents of sepa region .. they used to have pfs card for everybody back in 2017 and that ended with the mastercard armageddon few years back ..
Since then they have been trying to get a visa licence, schiff talked about it in his video response to the Australian scandal, and he admitted that the news might delay / obstruct that process ...

All of this to say that if you're not in the sepa region don't even bother..

Do EPB have a backup plan for when Novo Banco eventually dumps them? Or will they be sending non USD payments by courier pigeon to other banks.

• Haha
Reactions: Cetme308win

Latest Threads