Our valued sponsor

Euro Pacific bank is a scam

Hopefully EPB's slow payment processing will work in your favor. Hopefully they have at least taken action to freeze the account immediately awaiting further communication from you.

I have never heard of Sinclair Upton Capital Management. Is it this Chinese looking company below? How well do you know the company?

Could be just a clever conduit to steal funds conf/(%

yes this is the correct SUCM website. They are definitely not reliable advisor.

Do EPB have a backup plan for when Novo Banco eventually dumps them? Or will they be sending non USD payments by courier pigeon to other banks.

Capture.JPG

Not my problem anymore smi(&%

Reactions: Martin Everson
Do EPB have a backup plan for when Novo Banco eventually dumps them? Or will they be sending non USD payments by courier pigeon to other banks.
Novo Banco is majority owned by Lone Star Funds (PE outfit) who have quite a high risk appetite so they may continue to run with EPB for some time. I find it fascinating and hilarious in equal measure that EPB's USD correspondent bank is the New York Fed, surely that's like the headmaster making the naughtiest kid in school do homework in his office. They must be under surveillance and audit...I've used EPB for a while (USD and EUR but never huge amounts) and can confirm they're still breathing, although USD wire delays in particularly are beyond painful.

They must be under surveillance and audit.

You hit nail on head. US Government can watch you for literally years before they pull trigger. They do this quite often in RICO operation...no pun intended smi(&%.

although USD wire delays in particularly are beyond painful.

Why would there be delays with US wire's? :( They have direct Fedwire clearing unless they are being extra cautious with those wires. Not being funny but how many shell company wires can the Fed allow through from one little offshore bank. The bank is purely being used for tax evasion and other criminal activity as has been discovered.

P.S Peter walking out of his own living room and hiding during a zoom call with 60 minutes still makes me laugh. Me personally I would have just closed the laptop :confused:.

You hit nail on head. US Government can watch you for literally years before they pull trigger. They do this quite often in RICO operation...no pun intended smi(&%.

Why would there be delays with US wire's? :( They have direct Fedwire clearing unless they are being extra cautious with those wires. Not being funny but how many shell company wires can the Fed allow through from one little offshore bank. The bank is purely being used for tax evasion and other criminal activity as has been discovered.

P.S Peter walking out of his own living room and hiding during a zoom call with 60 minutes still makes me laugh. Me personally I would have just closed the laptop :confused:.
They do indeed have direct Fedwire clearing but they're now obligated to be forensically anal about every single wire (even the tiddlers) hence the delays. Ironically, their KYC and DD in the last 6 months is now one of the strictest I have ever witnessed, it's bananas.

I'm still on the fence about Peter, if one listens to his podcast (my guilty pleasure sometimes) it's difficult to argue with much of what he thinks about the Fed, debt monetisation and the ever-worsening US trade & budget deficits. But on the other hand, there's a whiff of Allen Stanford about him hence I've always kept my EPB balances fairly modest...

Ironically, their KYC and DD in the last 6 months is now one of the strictest I have ever witnessed, it's bananas.

Must be because of all the attention they generated. They will know all eyes on on them now. Problem is they need to offload the clients that are shell companies to even appear credible to other correspondence banks. When 90% of their wires are coming from Seychelles and BVI companies etc correspondence banks panic and even the US Fed must do also. Every bank even Fed has international obligations to prevent money laundering.

I'm still on the fence about Peter, if one listens to his podcast (my guilty pleasure sometimes) it's difficult to argue with much of what he thinks about the Fed, debt monetisation and the ever-worsening US trade & budget deficits.

Peter talks great and his arguments are decent. But he is a charlatan I am afraid.

But on the other hand, there's a whiff of Allen Stanford about him hence I've always kept my EPB balances fairly modest...

Glad I am not the only one that sees that.

According to their own 2017 paperwork EPB had 13,000 customer and $168,000,000 in deposits. That's a rough average of $13,000 a customer. So clearly people don't choose to keep money with EPB. Probably choosing to just pass it through their shell companies and on to proper banks.

I can also confirm that USD wires with EPB are working, a bit delayed, but still working. This bank has been burried soooo many times, but a cat's got 9 lives.

P.S. it takes around 7 days to make a USD wire, but I ain't complaining ... for now.

P.S. it takes around 7 days to make a USD wire, but I ain't complaining ... for now.

7 days??? eek¤%&

Are they using carrier pigeon? No wait carrier pigeon is faster.

Reactions: jjrapy
I can also confirm that USD wires with EPB are working, a bit delayed, but still working. This bank has been burried soooo many times, but a cat's got 9 lives.

How long are USD wires taking now? :rolleyes:

Interesting change in their pricing with high minimum deposit that's blocked. Smells like a desperate cash grab ca#"!.

Clients activated on/after May 1, 2021PersonalCorporate
Application fee1FREE$150.00
Activation feeFREEFREE
Online bankingFREEFREE
Minimum initial deposit2$1,000.00$1,000.00
Monthly maintenance$5.00$40.00
Monthly maintenance for each additional currency account$1.00$1.00
1Account application fee is not refundable.
2The minimum initial deposit will be withheld from your available balance upon arrival and will be used for the first year’s worth of monthly maintenance fees. If your account is closed within the first year, the first year’s worth of maintenance fees will not be refundable.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Interesting change in their pricing with high minimum deposit that's blocked. Smells like a desperate cash grab ca#"!.

Clients activated on/after May 1, 2021PersonalCorporate
Application fee1FREE$150.00
Activation feeFREEFREE
Online bankingFREEFREE
Minimum initial deposit2$1,000.00$1,000.00
Monthly maintenance$5.00$40.00
Monthly maintenance for each additional currency account$1.00$1.00
1Account application fee is not refundable.
2The minimum initial deposit will be withheld from your available balance upon arrival and will be used for the first year’s worth of monthly maintenance fees. If your account is closed within the first year, the first year’s worth of maintenance fees will not be refundable.
But EPB is very cheap, i remember your prefere the Capitalsecuritybank, but this bank have crazy fees like monthly maintenance $50 (personal), custody fee 0,38% (EPB 0%) ;)

But EPB is very cheap, i remember your prefere the Capitalsecuritybank, but this bank have crazy fees like monthly maintenance $50 (personal), custody fee 0,38% (EPB 0%)

Nothing cheap about EPB but if your benchmark is CSB then ok fair enough. Anything is better than EPB smi(&%.

Seems the Fed has terminated EPB's account. I can no longer find EPB's routing number listed on the Fed website of participants eek¤%&. EPB also totally removed the USD wire instructions on their own website now also.

Anybody know whats going on?

P.S Has their years of banking shell companies and tax evaders finally caught up with them? How come Novo Banco in Portugal still offers them correspondence banking service? ca#"!

Nothing cheap about EPB but if your benchmark is CSB then ok fair enough. Anything is better than EPB smi(&%.

Seems the Fed has terminated EPB's account. I can no longer find EPB's routing number listed on the Fed website of participants eek¤%&. EPB also totally removed the USD wire instructions on their own website now also.

P.S Has their years of banking shell companies and tax evaders finally caught up with them? How come Novo Banco in Portugal still offers them correspondence banking service? ca#"!
Non-CRS is also EPB and CSB reports data, so your money is more secret by EPB :cool:

Non- CRS is also EPB and CSB reports data, so your money is more secret by EPB

Money secret in EPB? rof/% I wonder how many other countries have access to their data?

-----start quote

(Google Translation)

FIOD INVESTIGATES 'OFFSHORE' SAVERS EURO PACIFIC BANK IN CARIBBEAN
UPDATE 24 April 2018

The FIOD started an investigation into black savers at this bank in the Caribbean, the islands of Saint Vincent and Puerto Rico. In his own words , the FIOD has 'hundreds of names of Dutch and Dutch legal persons' with hidden assets. What is the source of the list of account holders that the FIOD has acquired is still unclear. The FIOD has visited several people, where savers are initially considered as witnesses. But that status as a witness can just change into a suspect if the information given gives rise to this. With this research the FIOD tries to map out as many people as possible and to gather information about the relevant black savers. This also expressly informs about any debit and credit cards that are linked to the accounts. It is unclear what this information is based on and who is already in the picture as a suspect. Black savers who have not yet received a message can still volunteer . For declarations made up to 1 January 2018, the criminal indemnity can still be invoked .

-----
end quote

Where has EPB's USD Fedwire account gone? ns2

Reactions: JohnLocke

Official announcement:

As of August 17, 2021 (last revised), "Funds" has changed from "Eligible" to "Ineligible"

Why is this happening?​

A few months ago, the Federal Reserve issued new jurisdictional requirements to Puerto Rico licensed international banks in order for them to have continued access to a USD master account. We are working on providing all required documents and are optimistic that we will be able to restore US dollar services in the near future.

Latest Threads