Our valued sponsor

Euro Pacific bank is a scam

Disagree with that, CEO's do not like negative publicity (particularly CEO's of banks given what has happened), matters and complaints tend to get attention and traction when they are in the spotlight. Someone down the management chain who took the descision to withhold customer depsits from been returned will get a slap when the CEO is dragged over the coals in the news.

Question is now that Peter Schiff has presented the evidence from the court document (it is out of his control) so what are you going to do about it? Continue to complain about/to Peter?

I have filled out one of the above complaint forms you posted. I am not sure how effective they will be but I guess it's worth a go.

There are many different types of CEOs. You don't know this particular CEO and how he would react. I see he worked at Allied Irish Bank some time ago. They used to be very progressive and shareholder friendly but I don't recollect this particular guy.

There are times to be combative and times to just hold off and be a little circumspect and patient.

I suspect this is a delicate negotiation phase between our side and Novo banco. I would just hold fire for now.

Of course I could be wrong. As Peter says let's see if anything happens this coming week.

Reactions: spartan7510
Sorry but we do not have prove that Novo bank is doing something illegal, you are assuming that, but you have no evidence of Novo bank doing anything illegal, they may be doing it but at the moment we don't have evidence of that.
Time will tell, eventually the truth will come out, who knows maybe Novo has a grace period that allows them to hold on to the funds, we don't know at the moment, we assume the sometimes illegal is taking place but that's all, there are always two sides to every story.

Exactly.

If they are not doing anything unlawful following court document of 22nd February, then why not be transparent about it? The fact that they are hiding it without providing justification should tell you everything you need to know. Witholding customer deposits without providing reason is illegal and amounts to theft and/or fraud by disenfranchising the depositor/investor of thier funds, especially if that is used for business/payroll

If they are not doing anything unlawful following court document of 22nd February, then why not be transparent about it? The fact that they are hiding it without providing justification should tell you everything you need to know. Witholding customer deposits without providing reason is illegal and amounts to theft and/or fraud by disenfranchising the depositor/investor of thier funds, especially if that is used for business/payroll
I agree with you on the face of the evidence it looks sneaky and wrong. Whether it's "illegal" or not in Portugal I wouldn't know. There may be some compliance bulls**t aspect to their behaviour. Compliance departments can come up with all sorts of issues that we can't think of.

Reactions: spartan7510
As I said before. The terms of agreement between EPB and Novo is what you need to be asking about firstly. There is always two sides to a story and you have just heard one so far.

Reactions: orion7352
Agree. The behavior of Novo Banco to date has given enough room for serious questions to be raised regarding their approach. At this stage it is not for us to proof legality or otherwise, it is about getting Novo Banco to provide some communication. If they remain silent and we pussy foot around them so as not to upset them how does this help? Any evidence to suggest that this complacency approach is going to expedite the process? We have been patient to date and how exactly has that helped? By continuing to be patient? FFS

Agree. The behavior of Novo Banco to date has given enough room for serious questions to be raised regarding their approach. At this stage it is not for us to proof legality or otherwise, it is about getting Novo Banco to provide some communication. If they remain silent and we pussy foot around them so as not to upset them how does this help? Any evidence to suggest that this complacency approach is going to expedite the process? We have been patient to date and how exactly has that helped? By continuing to be patient? FFS
Well you have to remember that up until 22 February it was the Portuguese government that put the freeze on.

Yes since then it has been Novo banco stopping us getting our money back.

Why they are not processing the wire transfers , we as customers, don't know.

But it seems that the Receiver , Qenta, etc are trying to resolve the issue. We will have to see.

Reactions: ATNTESTING
Go to minute 37.30 to learn everything about what has happened and what to expect with EPB and the deposits.

Go to minute 37.30 to learn everything about what has happened and what to expect with EPB and the deposits.

Thanks for posting this. Completely unacceptable conduct from Novo Bank. Expect futher court delays/postponements once their appointed legal team engages in technical 'legal speak' arguments. I would love to be wrong but the behavior to date suggestsI may just be right. Should we not start sharing thoughts on preparing plan B?

I saw this on FB. The English translation, although not 100%, does succeed in getting the message accross.

Last edited:
Question: Did ALL outgoing transfer requests go through Novo bank?

According to https://files.europacbank.com/docs/EPB_MT103.pdf Novo bank was the intermediary bank for CHF, EUR, GBP and PLN. These 4 currencies coincide with the “Order to release the Novo Freeze” doc from the Portuguese court Peter Schiff attached.

But for the 5th operational currency EP bank had (YEN), payments were through ANOTHER intermediary bank, Mizuho bank. Did any “YEN clients” actually get their money out? It would be reasonable to assume there was at least 1 client in Japan sending in YEN. This is key.

HOPEFULLY Peter Schiff can confirm this and the status of the emergency injunction against Novo ASAP…. My bet is that Novo wants to have a signature from the receiver before actually wiring out given someone has to pay the Receiver for his work AND they have no incentive to speed up anything as they are earning interest rates.

Reactions: Tulliola92
According to the latest update Liquidation Update: Action Required - Euro Pacific Bank we may receive our money by the end of this month. Finger crossed.
Mmmm I wouldn't be so optimistic yet. I wrote to them an email and forced them for some confirmation regarding the Novo Banco case and an hour after I got this
"Please note that we are following up with our Management team regarding your inquiry will advise you accordingly. "
they wrote the note on the website so Im not THAT sure if they got any new news we havent heard about yet or they just decided to shine a little optimism over this case.

Reactions: Tulliola92
Mmmm I wouldn't be so optimistic yet. I wrote to them an email and forced them for some confirmation regarding the Novo Banco case and an hour after I got this
"Please note that we are following up with our Management team regarding your inquiry will advise you accordingly. "
they wrote the note on the website so Im not THAT sure if they got any new news we havent heard about yet or they just decided to shine a little optimism over this case.
what makes you think in my message that I am so optimistic?

At least we can soon celebrate our one year anniversary since the story began.

As an opt-out client, I made a bank transfer of the full balance via online banking on Oct 14, 2022.

When I checked the entry "Pending Authorization" today, this bank transfer had disappeared.

Last edited:

As an opt-out client, I made a bank transfer of the full balance via online banking on Oct 14, 2022.

When I checked the entry "Pending Authorization" today, this bank transfer had disappeared.
I don't remember I had something before in "Pending Authorization". Anyway, most important I think is what you see in your balance. My money hasn't gone yet. I think we can be patient few days.

Yep.
Same here.
They are probably busy with the wires. So maybe this is good news. We will see

Latest Threads