Our valued sponsor

Euro Pacific bank is a scam

A number of us have joined together and hired a lawyer. I genuinely believe that the more that hire a lawyer the more effective we will be . We have both opt-in and opt-out customers. Of course you are free to hire your own lawyer but we feel we have a good lawyer and of course we are sharing the cost amongst a number of us.

Our lawyer is in regular contact with the Receiver and has also submitted a letter of complaint to OCIF on behalf of those that he represents.

I am happy to discuss with anyone further if you email me at : o[email protected]

Thank you for trying to make a difference.

I am glad to announce that Novobank finally reply to my complaint haha

Dear Sir,

We apologize the delay in our response to your email dated 28th April, 2023, regarding the above mentioned subject.
NOVO BANCO acts and is always acting in accordance with the statutory obligations and accepted banking sector rules standards, co-operating with the authorities on request.

Due to the Bank´s duty of confidentiality to its customers, NOVO BANCO is unable to disclose any information or documents about client our its accounts, without being directly notified of a Court decision to that effect.

Any matter or action related to this subject shall be directed to the competent authorities which shall take the necessary measures.
NOVO BANCO stand ready to cooperate with the judicial authorities in everything that will be necessary.

Best regards,

Miguel Carrapatoso
Director
novobanco
Complaints Management

This is the typical answer they give. The account with Novo Bank belongs to EPB, so I understand they wouldn't want to give any information to anyone other than the Receiver that is representing EPB.

I have a feeling the Receiver is unable to comply with European banking regulations, which are some of the strictest there are, and that's a great excuse for Novo Bank to hold to the funds.

Last edited:
So .. may be some of the people following this forum would join the group that hired the lawyer?

lets have a count, if we reach a decent number it will be sustainable for anybody i think, right now there are about 11 people sharing a 10k bill, if we add up at least another 10 people
it would become about 500 bucks each and so on.

Please reply here any of you willing to participate, @orion7352 what cost are you guys sharing now and how many of you?

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo and Radko
So .. may be some of the people following this forum would join the group that hired the lawyer?

lets have a count, if we reach a decent number it will be sustainable for anybody i think, right now there are about 11 people sharing a 10k bill, if we add up at least another 10 people
it would become about 500 bucks each and so on.

Please reply here any of you willing to participate, @orion7352 what cost are you guys sharing now and how many of you?

It's reasonable if that lawyer has certain plan and his work is not related to asking questions once a week.
Maybe let's find out how many people here would be interested and then maybe zoom first.
It's easy to spend money. It's hard to turn it into effect. The effect is well known. We are all here waiting for this.

It seems like there are two groups with 2 lawyers involved now. We have to take one direction I think.

Puerto Rico is not a big place. The chances of receiver and lawyer moving in same social circles could be high which could work against you. From my experience of living in a small Caribbean island both parties are more likely to conspire to work against you and milk you for all its worth. Puerto Rico is not a first world country so don't be thinking things work fairly or transparently like in Germany for example when you hire a lawyer :confused:.

The chances of receiver and lawyer moving in same social circles could be high which could work against you. From my experience of living in a small Caribbean island both parties are more likely to conspire to work against you and milk you for all its worth.
#Bingo! 100% this! This is LOST on +99.99% of people!

And this is NOT exclusive to "small" places. I have lived & witnessed this, as just an "outside" observer, every single day and twice on Sundays from childhood until 2014. stupi#21 cry&¤ It fvcking took me THAT long to "realize" what was happening doh948"" - As I said before, I am NOT that smart AT ALL! baw3##

@Martin Everson dropping life & wealth saving wisdom for free. ;)

PS. Someone on here once said that the difference between rich, millionaire, and billionaire was their understanding of conflict of interest between people (or something like that - I have it in my diary but I can't remember now where I read it and a search didn't bring up anything)

The chances of receiver and lawyer moving in same social circles could be high which could work against you.
And that is what I meant. We may spend even 100k and call it our sacrifice to the Gods. I would expect certain results, clear plan and also pointed chances and risks. I do not want to participate in another loss or defeat conducted by another lazy creature playing truant on its feeder's cost.

Reactions: jafo
Why don't you guys propose a lawyer's contract in which the fee is simply a percentage of recovered funds? Worked for me last time several years ago. Well, it didn't really lead to a positive outcome, since nothing was recovered, but at least I spent nothing for the lawyer. We were a group of people too.

Why don't you guys propose a lawyer's contract in which the fee is simply a percentage of recovered funds? Worked for me last time several years ago. Well, it didn't really lead to a positive outcome, since

Fair enough. I have better solution for this I think. If a lawyer says his work is worth 10k, I say I'll give you 20k in return, but I have one condition. I see my money.

Puerto Rico is not a big place. The chances of receiver and lawyer moving in same social circles could be high which could work against you. From my experience of living in a small Caribbean island both parties are more likely to conspire to work against you and milk you for all its worth. Puerto Rico is not a first world country so don't be thinking things work fairly or transparently like in Germany for example when you hire a lawyer :confused:.
This is true and one of the reasons i didnt join the hire first hand (besides costs effectiveness in my personal situation) but what is the alternative?
After 2 1/2 years i am starting to think this will never end and our deposits will be gone for good into the expenses they will claim at the end of the fair.

What do you all think? Should we keep on waiting with no information, no plan, no signs of progress whatsoever?

Reactions: Optout and jafo
What do you all think? Should we keep on waiting with no information, no plan, no signs of progress whatsoever?

Waiting maybe only option as your other options are slim. No one even knows truly what or where the hold up is in the liquidation process.

Ok .. see everybody is skeptical about a lawyer, i am as well but after all this time i think we should do something, it is just awkward to standby and wait.
What if at some point they will come up with a huge expense bill and credit crumbles to us?
We dont know what is the deal with Qenta, dont know if bank is still paying employees, if funds are still there...
We know nothing about it and are left totally in their hands.

On this note, do you think there may be the chance of paying the receiver as our lawyer? directly or indirectly?

dont know if bank is still paying employees,

I believe the employees went to work for Qenta, not all of them, some left, so I guess Qenta is paying them.

But they're many unanswered questions, and it's obvious that the Receiver doesn't feel the need to keep us informed.

And where is Peter Schiff? He is the owner of the bank after all...

In my humble opinion keeping us informed is the least that we deserve.

In my humble opinion keeping us informed is the least that we deserve.
Nobody cares, the gold water is flowing day by day, the iceberg is still huge, everything is fine, exactly as it suppose to be. Try to stand on the other side. The leeches will not leave the donor until the supplier tramples them. And Peter Schiff I think has better things to do.

This is true and one of the reasons i didnt join the hire first hand (besides costs effectiveness in my personal situation) but what is the alternative?
After 2 1/2 years i am starting to think this will never end and our deposits will be gone for good into the expenses they will claim at the end of the fair.

One option that does not appear to be a popular one amongst us is to co-ordinate a social media campaign jointly. Reaching the broader public may just help to place pressure on the powers that be in overcoming the delays. Twitter (or X) for e.g. comes to mind. I'm no expert at this game but quiet happy to support. Just a thought!

Latest Threads