Our valued sponsor

European Digital Identity

Blockchain will counterbalance these attempts
You mean; the blockchain will be used for these attempts.

I would also add UK, Switzerland, Gibraltar, Andorra and S. Marino.
Forget Switzerland. They already have an digital identity concept rolled out.

Not an option for me as all of them have severly restricted personal freedoms during Covid.

They are good options as long as that doesn't bother you.
Switzerlands restrictions were not severe compared to the rest of Europe. It however does depend on what you find severe.

I’m not sure if you even understand what the blockchain and NFT’s are then…

Especially NFT’s…

It is true that I do not fully understand the extent to which blockchain technology and NFTs could be exploited, but from the little I understand I would say that NFT's open the way to a new way of identifying ownership and priprietrary rights and maybe including personal identification methods.

Are you talking about this?
SwissID indeed is already in full use.

It is true that I do not fully understand the extent to which blockchain technology and NFTs could be exploited, but from the little I understand I would say that NFT's open the way to a new way of identifying ownership and priprietrary rights and maybe including personal identification methods.
Indeed it will. It will also be registered in the blockchain which, if truly decentralized, will be un corruptible.

The problem lies with governments not wanting things to be un corruptible. Check your own country for that matter. I’ve asked around since I set foot on the ground between the locals; your president is as corrupt as he can be.

Towards NFT’s it will open up new opportunities for as long as it’s truly in a decentralized blockchain. Knowing governments … it will start decentralized and then the narrative changes to “it’s safer when we handle it all so we set up our controlled decentralized blockchain” insofar they don’t do that straight away. Result is that when everything is then connected to your e-id (whether that is an NFT or not) can be remotely switched on AND off. Result could be that you cease to exist by the click of a button.

Ask Chinese people how that goes right now….

Last edited:
Eastern Europe is the only free place left that I've seen. Haven't seen much of Latam but my contacts in Brazil said it was a shitshow during covid, so I doubt the rest is much better. Time to buy an island...

European digital identity: Council and Parliament reach a provisional agreement on eID​

What it means:

---- quote start

TL;DR
  • Europe is planning to adopt new Digital Identity Wallets for all citizens.
  • Apple, Google, Meta, and others will be legally required to accept these wallets for sign-ups and sign-ins.
  • European citizens will also be able to open bank accounts, make payments, and more using their Digital ID Wallets.

---- quote end

Reactions: smartchoice

Latest Threads