Our valued sponsor

EU's upcoming crypto AML regulation (TFR)

How are you going to pay for some things IF the goods and services you want don't accept your crypto ?
You guys need to understand its the same basic as with russia.Who holds the desired resources dictates the rules not the other way round

That does not make sense.
If 98% is already known, why do you need this massive crap with aml/kyc/fatf poop now. Since everything is known, there is no need.
Theory: That is just some claim from mass media without much substance ;)
because otherwise people would search for solutions to avoid their control mechanism.
And no its not from mass media but fbi reports.
And remember the 98% are for bitcoin transaction

Reactions: JohnLocke
It had to come that far. Some one well known around here already told the mass, get out of the EU before it is too late..I fear he is right ca#"!

Some one well known around here already told the mass, get out of the EU before it is too late..I fear he is right

Yup some will never listen to me when I have been saying since 2019 to "Get out of the EU while you still can" damn_(.

If people think such EU crypto proposals are bad for privacy and liberty then wait until EU goes cashless and introduces a CDBC in the Eurozone ;).

The next step after that is EU wide Unexplained Wealth Orders (UWO) rules. Your gonna find out how nice it is to live in an EU that can confiscate/freeze your wealth with a mouse click based on algorithms smi(&%. The Russian Oligarch issue has provided the perfect excuse why peoples assets need to be tracked ;).

I hope to make it before it is going all wrong in the EU - would you consider other European countries or would you say get totally out of Europe?
Other European countries will either very soon become a member of the EU (-> Georgia, North Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia etc.) or do have an even tighter grip on their population than the EU will ever have (-> Iceland, Norway, Switzerland etc.).
So, better forget about that entire continent!

it's going to be plain impossible to move out of Europe for me. I always considered Cyprus and Malta as a stop but they are EU now I considered Switzerland and Andorra or Ireland as an option, any thoughts?

Problem with Georgia etc is they have joining EU aspirations and even EU association agreement aspirations like Andorra. The EU is too big a market for them to ignore. Switzerland will just follow EU rules it will not want to get blacklisted by them.

Anyway with crypto I wonder what a lot of EU holders will do once every crypto provider from centralized exchanges to hardware wallet providers like Ledger etc are forced to report peoples crypto holdings to EU for their EU residents. We are seeing what is happening with CRS now and crypto :confused:.

There is slowly approaching an event horizon moment where you will not be able to escape the EU's pending crypto directives just like a black hole. You will be sucked into it as an EU resident and even if you try to leave you will be owing capital gains on your crypto to the day you die.

Anyway with crypto I wonder what a lot of EU holders will do once every crypto provider from centralized exchanges to hardware wallet providers like Ledger etc are forced to report peoples crypto holdings to EU for their EU residents.
Ledger? That's a joke I assume, and I could see some EUtard proposing this but, this whole crypto reporting thing aside from exchanges will be much more harder than they thought. There will be 0 possibility of them having some kind of reporting by hardware wallets. They would have to backdoor any kind of device (and install wireless networking like LTE) which could be used as a BTC wallet. And there are lots of them.

Ledger? That's a joke I assume,

Ledger Live has all the data on your crypto portfolio i.e balance and gains remember. Would be easy for authorities to press this French company to hand over IP details, holdings, gains etc of users in EU. I remember when you wanted to use exchange feature a popup used to say that they keep your IP address the first time you opened that screen.

Ledger Live has all the data on your crypto portfolio i.e balance and gains remember. Would be easy for authorities to press this French company to hand over IP details, holdings, gains etc of users in EU. I remember when you wanted to use exchange feature a popup used to say that they keep your IP address.
That's not hardware though. That's some kind of all-in-one exchange/online wallet/NFT marketplace thing. Pure hardware wallets don't have even the ability to report you. I don't see the point of owning a hardware wallet if you're going to use apps like that anyways.

That's not hardware though. That's some kind of all-in-one exchange/online wallet/NFT marketplace thing. Pure hardware wallets don't have even the ability to report you. I don't see the point of owning a hardware wallet if you're going to use apps like that anyways.

Ledger Live reflects your Ledger Nano hardware wallet remember. You not used it?

Ledger Live reflects your Ledger Nano hardware wallet remember. You not used it?
No, I haven't used a Ledger hardware wallet. I use software wallets if I need to use crypto. I still would be surprised if you had to use this kind of app to use your Ledger nano. Are you sure that you need that app? As in the app that needs some sort of Ledger account, KYC etc.

I hope to make it before it is going all wrong in the EU - would you consider other European countries or would you say get totally out of Europe?
Totally out of Europe. Take the globe (not the map, but the round thingy one) and see how many options there are.

You *can make it* in a third world hole where you can live cheaply, build your business and then you can still move later on again.

Reactions: SusanSharandon
Yup some will never listen to me when I have been saying since 2019 to "Get out of the EU while you still can" damn_(.

If people think such EU crypto proposals are bad for privacy and liberty then wait until EU goes cashless and introduces a CDBC in the Eurozone ;).

The next step after that is EU wide Unexplained Wealth Orders (UWO) rules. Your gonna find out how nice it is to live in an EU that can confiscate/freeze your wealth with a mouse click based on algorithms smi(&%. The Russian Oligarch issue has provided the perfect excuse why peoples assets need to be tracked ;).
"You will own nothing and be happy" is the motto of the EUDSSR.

Not sure about the happy part, but the first one is on track.

"You will own nothing and be happy" is the motto of the EUDSSR.

Not sure about the happy part, but the first one is on track.
They want every citizen to be a robot: have 1-2 holidays a year, have an average job, pay 50% to the gov, support the current popular thing, like the same things as everyone else, make sure your opinions align with the majority, and of course, if you have nothing to hide, why not let your government see your entire private life?

That's what I think the EU is coming to.

Latest Threads