Our valued sponsor

fincen, fintrac, austrac, ?

OP any reason for asking or your are just curious?

are these 3 from new zealand, uk, and ireland the equivalent of fincen, fintrac, and austrac in your opinion? rsvp
From having a brief look at their websites - in my opinion yes. They will basically try to monitor for suspicious transactions. I know that in Australia, AUSTRAC treats any transaction over $10,000 as suspicious. Banks must record certain information about parties in transactions above AUD 10K. And as far as I know, if required you must produce adequate documentation supporting that it's a legitimate and legal transaction. This is just in Australia but I'd say it's safe to assume that NZ, UK, and Ireland have that level of security. Especially the UK - England loves their needless red tape and bureaucracy.

From having a brief look at their websites - in my opinion yes. They will basically try to monitor for suspicious transactions. I know that in Australia, AUSTRAC treats any transaction over $10,000 as suspicious. Banks must record certain information about parties in transactions above AUD 10K. And as far as I know, if required you must produce adequate documentation supporting that it's a legitimate and legal transaction. This is just in Australia but I'd say it's safe to assume that NZ, UK, and Ireland have that level of security. Especially the UK - England loves their needless red tape and bureaucracy.
then its safe to assume that nz, uk, and ireland have the same thing but just with a different name then? all of these six english speaking countries have basically the same good money laundering laws i presume.......? rsvp

Reactions: TacitusKilgore

Latest Threads