Our valued sponsor

Question Finding Tax Advisor

OB2020

Nov 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys,

Although I know this is a offshore forum, I’m wondering if anyone can advise where’s best to look for a Tax Advisor to assist with the most tax efficient structure for a new UK business(s) with a high turnover and to hold shares in a separate business?

Looking aimlessly on LinkedIn and Google isn’t really going to cut it.

Any advise on whether it’s best to look for a larger / medium tax advisors or accountant firm, or whether it’s best to find a independent advisor.

Try the likes of BDO, Grant Thornton, Vistra, Appleby, and Alliotts. Depending on what you need exactly, they can either help you or refer you to someone specifically for your case. For example, they might not always be able to give tax advice but can help set up the arrangements proposed by a tax adviser that they refer you to.

Hi guys,

Although I know this is a offshore forum, I’m wondering if anyone can advise where’s best to look for a Tax Advisor to assist with the most tax efficient structure for a new UK business(s) with a high turnover and to hold shares in a separate business?

Looking aimlessly on LinkedIn and Google isn’t really going to cut it.

Any advise on whether it’s best to look for a larger / medium tax advisors or accountant firm, or whether it’s best to find a independent advisor.

Email me, maybe we can help you.

Try the likes of BDO, Grant Thornton, Vistra, Appleby, and Alliotts. Depending on what you need exactly, they can either help you or refer you to someone specifically for your case. For example, they might not always be able to give tax advice but can help set up the arrangements proposed by a tax adviser that they refer you to.
What are the hourly rates like in these companies for something like international tax planning (e.g. planning a relocation for both the owner-managed business and the owner)?

What are the hourly rates like in these companies for something like international tax planning (e.g. planning a relocation for both the owner-managed business and the owner)?
Somewhere in the range of 150 to 400 GBP, depending on how senior of a person you need and how complex the structure is or is going to be.

In some cases, you can negotiate a fixed rate after having an initial, free consultation and agreeing on exactly what you want from them.

Somewhere in the range of 150 to 400 GBP, depending on how senior of a person you need and how complex the structure is or is going to be.

In some cases, you can negotiate a fixed rate after having an initial, free consultation and agreeing on exactly what you want from them.

Alright, sounds fine. And it's money well-invested if the person on the other end is able to help. Just worried about billable hours that basically end up solving nothing of substance. Going to shoot a few emails to the recommended companies, to some associates perhaps to start as my setup and goals are rather simple.

Latest Threads