Our valued sponsor

For those who consider or have a bank account in Georgia

Thank you. What about luno? I just send a registration request there But I am Also very much open to any alternatives.

Luno use Deutsche Bank last time I used them not sure if they will report.

You can try mycoin in Georgia if you have a Georgian account.

P.S Go to bottom of page and switch to English.

Reactions: Txaxandlxaxwxyxexr
Luno use Deutsche Bank last time I used them not sure if they will report.

You can try mycoin in Georgia if you have a Georgian account.

P.S Go to bottom of page and switch to English.
I don’t have an account in Georgia. What do you mean they use Deutsche bank? Which crypto exchange do you think are outside crs rules? Thank you

I asked few representatives from some EMI, that popular in EU(EEA) - no one will not approve wire transfer in/from Armenia, Belarus. For most EU based EMI's these countries are strong blacklisted. So, INO, no reason have account in bank and unable to receive payments from reputable EU partners.

I put a thumbs up because you're quite right in that wires to/from these places are beyond the risk appetite for most FIs in the EU. But are you sure there's no reason to have an account in those places?

Just include an intermediary bank account as a stepping-stone and reputational wrapper... if a depository account in Armenia or Belarus has one or more properties you like (i.e. no active CRS AEOI exchange relationship with your country of residence)

Let's take a radical example:
Moving funds from a sanction-infested hell hole only next to Somalia, North Korea, to U.S., the country of "imperialist pigs'"

Solution: North Korea -> China -> Macau -> U.S.

Not to say that this chain of transfers isn't without its difficulties, but the seemingly impossible challenge is now reduced to edible fragments.

With a Belarusian origination, your solution is to include one Lithuanian bank that supports exporters/importers who have clients working with Belarusian suppliers and customers. If Armenia is a problem, maybe a Russian bank account set in the middle can help? Banks in Germany have no problem with Russian gas, cucumbers, sugar and actually these examples are meaningless. Their own customers are more than welcome to have some Russian clients, income from Russia.

:)

Well, hope that my vodka logic made sense!

I asked few representatives from some EMI, that popular in EU(EEA) - no one will not approve wire transfer in/from Armenia, Belarus. For most EU based EMI's these countries are strong blacklisted. So, INO, no reason have account in bank and unable to receive payments from reputable EU partners.
What sort of stupidity is that. If I reckon Transferwise can send USD to Ameriabank without issues. The only problem is that Armenian banks dont have IBAN. But SWIFT will suffice

All banks including German banks are easily wiring significant money to our business in Armenia. I never ever heard complaints from them

Reactions: Txaxandlxaxwxyxexr
Georgia will still be a good option for banking, it is just a logical next step to join CRS.

Thanks for the infos shared about Armenia, I will check them on my next visit. My experience with Ameriabank was not the best (I opened account in a branch, then was asked to close it a day later without giving any reason) and had no time to try other banks yet.

@Benzouser, Armenia is far better than Georgia, regarding banking.
The country it is one of the main Russian epicenter, which you will notice by yourself once there. Smooth bank operations and no plan for CRS.
A trip over there would be definitely worth it. The capital Yerevan is very modern and there are more banks than fountains.
The most established ones:
  • Ameriabank. The biggest in the country.
  • Inecobank. Great mobile banking.
  • Converse Bank. Great costumer support.
  • Araratbank.
I hope to have been helpful.
Granwasa.

which banks have the best online banking app ?

DEVELOPING COUNTRIES NOT ASKED TO COMMIT AND THAT HAVE NOT YET SET A DATE FOR THE FIRST YEAR OF EXCHANGES (45)
Armenia, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, CaboVerde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Egypt, ElSalvador, Eswatini, Gabon, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Namibia, Niger, North Macedonia, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Serbia, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Viet Nam

What if you establish residence in one of these countries (by renting a place there and getting a utility bill in your name) and then open bank account in some traditional offshore jurisdiction (Singapore, Switzerland, etc)? In this case you will not be CRS reported to any government by the bank, right?

The question is, which of these countries has a territorial taxation system* and would be (generally) acceptable by banks as a place of residence?

(* so you can be 100% certain that you won't be liable taxes on your worldwide income in that country, even though the bank will not report you there in the 1st place)

Latest Threads