Our valued sponsor

Question Forming a company for asset protection while living in Canada

apollo

Nov 9, 2021
Canada
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to find a fast way of setting up a LTD overseas.

I want to publish an app on the play and apple store but because it is a crypto wallet I fear someone could eventually sue me for their own negligence ( losing their keys, sending funds to a wrong address etc.).

I'd like to form a company that makes me not personally liable in case anyone decided to sue and be able to come after my personal assets.

I'm living in Canada but I'd rather not incorporate in Canada as I don't personally get good vibes when it comes to forming corporations here.

The wallet is also part of a process of creating a new crypto-currency which I'm holding a 10% stake of and intend to use to pay other developers with in the future.

I don't know if I need to incorporate for that reason as well and whether or not the crypto must be moved or held by a corporation or if I can send the developers the crypto without having to declare anything about it.

I'd like to know if there's a good service that can be recommend for an easy fast way to incorporate that also makes filing taxes and annual reports if needed easy.

I'm also not sure what the best entity would be? I thought of a LTD originally as they seemed to be fast and easy to setup but heard of IBC offering zero corporate tax, no audits etc..

The nature of the field ( crypto ) also makes me want an entity that can keep some privacy if that's possible.

I'd appreciated if someone can give me some guidance in this regard.

Last edited:
Reactions: James Turner

Latest Threads