Our valued sponsor

Four Places to Live Better than Dubai

Very good value for money.

Food and weather are great too. Bitches are plenty... etc
Fair enough - to each their own.

I do agree with value for money; I rented a serviced apartment that would have cost 3 or 4 times for the equivalent in a city like Tokyo or Hong Kong or even Singapore.

Didn't think much of the dating scene when I lived there in 2019, but I prefer Japanese or Korean women so perhaps that's why.

Fair enough - to each their own.

I do agree with value for money; I rented a serviced apartment that would have cost 3 or 4 times for the equivalent in a city like Tokyo or Hong Kong or even Singapore.

Didn't think much of the dating scene when I lived there in 2019, but I prefer Japanese or Korean women so perhaps that's why.
Maybe you should have gone to Thailand for the dating aspect, well Thai people don't look like the Japanese or Korean ladies so maybe not

Maybe you should have gone to Thailand for the dating aspect, well Thai people don't look like the Japanese or Korean ladies so maybe not
I enjoyed Bangkok - mostly for the high-end hotels and Michelin stared restaurants. Dating scene was pretty good too.

Speaking of which, am in the process of arranging a long-term work permit for Japan.

I enjoyed Bangkok - mostly for the high-end hotels and Michelin stared restaurants. Dating scene was pretty good too.

Speaking of which, am in the process of arranging a long-term work permit for Japan.

I think Japan and its people are some of the best, but isn't it expensive to live there.
I've no idea how are the taxes in Japan, but as we know there isn't another country that's in debt to level of Japan, hope they can continue as they have.

I think Japan and its people are some of the best, but isn't it expensive to live there.
I've no idea how are the taxes in Japan, but as we know there isn't another country that's in debt to level of Japan, hope they can continue as they have.
It's all relative. I'm working with a local estate agent and have found some amazing apartments. I used to live in Hong Kong and paid a small fortune for a half-decent place. I should end up with a large apartment in either Shinjuku or Shibuya for approximately $4K a month. I think that is quite reasonable.

Regarding taxes: the setup I'm going for will see me pay very little in tax, and I don't have to report foreign assets/holdings for five years.

Reactions: jafo
It's all relative. I'm working with a local estate agent and have found some amazing apartments. I used to live in Hong Kong and paid a small fortune for a half-decent place. I should end up with a large apartment in either Shinjuku or Shibuya for approximately $4K a month. I think that is quite reasonable.

Regarding taxes: the setup I'm going for will see me pay very little in tax, and I don't have to report foreign assets/holdings for five years.

$4K a month, not that bad, although you would pay a fraction of that in Thailand, but of course Thailand is not Japan.
No foreign assets reporting for 5 years, that's nice, 5 years is a good amount of time, maybe you won't end up being there that long, again in Thailand you don't have to pay foreign earned income at all, plenty of people moving there just for that reason, and the dating of course. And if you live in Japan and you generate dividends from investments in the US, the withholding rate is 10% as opposed to 15% if you live in Thailand (Japan has a great double tax treaty with the US.)

I spend most of my time in Mexico, cheap, great weather, really nice people, also 10% withholding on dividends, but maybe one day I'll go to Thailand (Chiang Mai.)

Reactions: intlman

how do you make your money?