Our valued sponsor

Freelance taxes planning

I'm in a similar situation but in Spain. No matter what you do there are no loopholes if you want to stay legal. If you live in France/Spain there are plenty rules, regulations and court cases backing the taxman and against you. Even if what you come up with *is legal* per the letter of the law, the tax man can claim you are abusing it to avoid taxes and you get hit: effective center of command, law abuse, cost shifting, etc. They will hit you.

The *only* loophole I know of is going to Andorra with 400K to get passive fiscal & physical residency (90 days stay) or setting up a business there (183 days stay). You become an Andorran tax resident to all effects and they won't communicate to foreign auths. You pay the 10% taxes (first 30K exempt) and done.

For French & Spanish residents near the Andorran border this is the best option. Effectively relocate and visit on weekends your family etc. You have to like the place though. Which I do. Now I just have to brainwash my wife to relocate.

Thought everybody knew that. When you live in high tax country, and that is most of the EU, you first need to leave the country for good if you don't want to pay. Then, we'll talk.
I agree, this is how you will have to do in any of the EU countries. I believe it is the same worldwide. It seems things change soon for persons leaving their country, it won't be that easy to get out of the tax issues that most of us here face.

Latest Threads