Our valued sponsor

Freelance taxes planning

I'm assuming they notified the French authorities they moved out of France and broke all financial ties. Getting the Andorrian residence at that time was a rubber stamp. My guess is many of the French millionaires also moved their assets to Andorra as well and it's not just a place of residence.
Andorra has done a good job to shake off the tax haven title and also become compliant with other EU states without being a member.
Living in Andorra - No More Tax
It's still illegal if they live in France but pretend to live in Andorra. Don't they use any credit cards / mobile phones / bank accounts in France?

It's still illegal if they live in France but pretend to live in Andorra. Don't they use any credit cards / mobile phones / bank accounts in France?
Of course, if you are breaking the 183 day rule regardless of what the situation is you have a legal situation. But my guess is France has a lot of people who live in France for more than 183 days and have no residence in France. I'm sure France is eager to gather them all up and start asking for proof that they have been outside of the country for more than 183 days.

Of course, if you are breaking the 183 day rule regardless of what the situation is you have a legal situation. But my guess is France has a lot of people who live in France for more than 183 days and have no residence in France. I'm sure France is eager to gather them all up and start asking for proof that they have been outside of the country for more than 183 days.
I agree with you, @Old Spice. But, honestly, I'm a bit afraid to do this in France...

Reactions: hiju
France is like Germany and most of the Scandinavian countries, they are tax aggressive and try to squize out every single tax cent they can from their citizens.
I see... As @Martin Everson and @W4rhol said, there's no good solution while you live in France. Still, my solution with the company in tax favorable region ruled by relatives and paying salary that is almost tax-free in France looks viable but requires involvement of other people and for them to be able to control the company properly (not suitable for everyone).

Reactions: hiju
Just move abroad. you can come back to France on the weekends and stay in a 5 star hotel with the money you save in taxes. smi(&%

Pretending you live in a country is equal to suicide..lol. You know the number one way people get caught doing this? Its not via phone records, cards etc. It is via friends, family, business partners, girlfriend/boyfriends and neighbors. Anybody with an axe to grind can betray you and tip of the French tax authority or even accidentally say "oh Mr X I see him every morning going for a jog"...lol. :eek:

The way I understand this situation is:
If he already gets paid via a marketplace such as Upwork for work, could he shut the upwork account and start new one on the name of his Panama company with a Cyprus bank account to get paid by his clients. Then bill the Panama company for consultation fees and get the money in France Via Upwork middleman. However, he would still remain the UBO of the offshore company. Is this why he can't optimize his taxes?
Now, if he had a Panama resident visa since it is easy to get one for Panama friendly nations list, his bank account would show him as the Panama resident even if he lived in France, as there would be no residency requirements in Panama. Would tax optimization still be a problem?

Just move abroad. you can come back to France on the weekends and stay in a 5 star hotel with the money you save in taxes. smi(&%

Pretending you live in a country is equal to suicide..lol. You know the number one way people get caught doing this? Its not via phone records, cards etc. It is via friends, family, business partners, girlfriend/boyfriends and neighbors. Anybody with an axe to grind can betray you and tip of the French tax authority or even accidentally say "oh Mr X I see him every morning going for a jog"...lol. :eek:
Thank you for information @Martin Everson. I didn't know they can ask neighbors, relatives, ... They are really aggressive in theirs willing to get taxes :D

Thank you for information @Martin Everson. I didn't know they can ask neighbors, relatives, ... They are really aggressive in theirs willing to get taxes :D

With millions of people to monitor the taxman relies on tip offs to start investigations. Investigations are never really random there is always something that triggers it :(

The way I understand this situation is:
If he already gets paid via a marketplace such as Upwork for work, could he shut the upwork account and start new one on the name of his Panama company with a Cyprus bank account to get paid by his clients. Then bill the Panama company for consultation fees and get the money in France Via Upwork middleman. However, he would still remain the UBO of the offshore company. Is this why he can't optimize his taxes?
Now, if he had a Panama resident visa since it is easy to get one for Panama friendly nations list, his bank account would show him as the Panama resident even if he lived in France, as there would be no residency requirements in Panama. Would tax optimization still be a problem?

Panama company + Cyprus bank account is this still possible in 2018?

It would be unworkable for the reasons I mentioned in previous post. He will be spotted out and about while being in France unless he goes into deep hiding in France. You also open yourself up to blackmail if anyone works out what you are up to.

Reactions: Dev Nul
Hello,

I'm going to work as a remote freelancer (developer) via marketplaces (UpWork, Fiver, ...). For the moment, I live in France and I'm looking for a legal way to lower my taxes. I don't care about the privacy and the main issue is lowering taxes.

Hello,

I have a solution for you: 12% taxes on your business income, all legit and no issue with the french taxman.
I also have another couple of solutions, no need to start an offshore structure except if you aim at a 6 digits income, do you??

BTW this place of incorporation rule even if true is not really applied...but of course if you start driving a Panamera when declaring none or very low income...

You can join forces with non-frenchmen and create a tax-free entity in some country as long as you control (directly or indirectly) <50%. Then you should get 30% tax on dividends in France.

Of course, you just need to setup a game where you all end up creating an equal amount of business for the tax-free entity.

Looks like I'm the only one who didn't know this.
But, looks like there's a solution (this one I got from the tax consultant): you can register yourself as living in another EU country (e.g. Poland, Romania, ...). You can rent a cheap apartment there and pretend living there. Like this you will pay taxes in this country (~10-15%) and you will be able to live in any other EU country (as far as it's impossible to track your real place inside EU).

They can trak the withdrawn you make in france, paiement ect... so be carreful

Latest Threads