Our valued sponsor

From Stability to Freedom: How this Forum Transformed My Life

Vangor

Jul 26, 2023
Argentina
Visit site
I want to express my gratitude for this forum and its community. Though I'm still on my journey toward financial independence, the discussions here and the diverse perspectives have profoundly shifted my worldview. A year ago, I was a typical EU citizen with a standard pension plan and some index fund investments—what I thought was a solid strategy. However, various factors unveiled the fragility of my outlook and plans, plunging me into a period of deep reflection about my lifestyle. When I stumbled upon this forum, it wasn't my first encounter with these ideas (my initial questions here already hinted at a shift in thinking), but engaging with the wealth of knowledge and the open-mindedness of this community was eye-opening.

It may seem evident to many here, but for someone like me, who hadn't been exposed to such a broad perspective on life, this forum has been transformative. It's led me to live on the opposite side of the globe, embrace global uncertainties without fear, and plan for multiple residencies and passports. While I'm still working on generating active income, that's part of my plan now.

So, to everyone here, keep up the incredible work. You're not just sharing knowledge; you're changing lives and possibly saving souls along the way. Thank you!

It's great of you to share your experience OP.

Years ago, I found myself in a situation much like yours, having read bits and pieces everywhere, yet nothing seemed to make sense. Whenever I asked an accountant or lawyer to confirm the accuracy of something I had read (without revealing the source), I was invariably told it was all rubbish.

After some searching, I stumbled upon some posts on this OCT forum. I thought, "Great, here's another source of information," which seemed a bit like what I had found elsewhere. However, here I could read entirely new comments from members and follow a thread that evolved over the following weeks. It turned out to be incredibly helpful; I discovered people with knowledge that I could actually use.

I had never encountered this kind of resourcefulness in this field before. I'm used to it in hosting, SEO, etc., where there are millions of users on various forums ready with quick answers, though much of it is junk. But when it came to taxes, laws, company structures, banking, and anything financial beyond my own expertise, this was a first for me.

I'm deeply grateful to everyone here. Over time, I've grown up and have supported this forum as much and as often as I could. My contribution as a lifetime member is something I'd renew in a heartbeat if possible.

• Love
Reactions: Vangor