Our valued sponsor

FX broker where to exchange currency

Evidence Alpha

Apr 22, 2019
evidencealpha.io
Taking as reference InteractiveBrokers, which offers multi-currency balances and permits, outside of speculative trading, to convert one currency into another. Exemple : deposit EUR, change it to USD balance for 0.2% (min $2) balance, then withdraw in USD (first free per month, then $10 subsequently)

Are there other FX brokers, more retail than IB, that allow the same possibility ? Becuase there are many out there where you can only margin trade to make profit or losses in your base currency, but impossible to convert one currency into another one even though different currency balances can be funded in the first place

Any feedback on OANDA ? They may have advanced in this field

Reactions: Evidence Alpha
You can ACH (credit only) to Transferwise from IB, if it makes sense in your scenario.
Unfortunately, got banned from TW last week. Reason not disclosed. Hence why I’m searching a new “currency broker” to replace TW.
Sure. You should be able to use a partial ACATS transfer (available from Position Transfers menu) and choose cash only.
I’m from Europe. Unfamiliar with the US payment methods (ACATS is brand new to my ears). I’ll research. Fees ?

Why? The zero-cost closing fees?
That, but also the convenience of their option tools that stand apart (also using ToS tools on delayed quotes)
However, I will soon migrate to Tradovate because that’s where my futures’ trading happens (volume trading) and I’m enjoying the proprietary platform, services and support

Having spoken with a support guy from IB, he explained that they introduced the minimum Forex commission of $2 below $100k exchanged because too many people were using them as a bank account, which he explained they’re not fond of... He advised to at lesst let a couple days elapse between a deposit and withdrawal and if possible, pass some trades on top.
All in all, I’m not sure if some clients are known out there to have been banned there for such reason...

Latest Threads