Our valued sponsor

Germany in trouble

fc70

Aug 21, 2022
USA
Visit site

Apart from throwing the poor and middle class under the bus...the government's much vaunted "green" agenda has gone down the toilet with switching from gas to wood, coal and oil for heating and electricity.

Last edited:
Without all the money and military equipment the west have sent there'll be no Ukraine as of today tbh

This is winter is gonna be rough in the EU, if anyone is there and can leave Mexico has a 180 day tourist visa policy.
I can imagine energy rationing will be put in place.

It's all very sad when you make rash decisions on implementing sanctions. Without thinking things through you end up causing self harm. The Russia Ruble is still one of the best performing currencies:

.....and Russian gas sales are still strong:

So what has sanctions achieved for German public? Some European countries need smarter leaders with at least basic common sense on gas markets. If they take a major gas supplier like Russia completely off the market via secondary sanction threats then see what that does to gas prices.....lol. I don't think a price cap will work also.

An off-topic question: which countries in the world are not suffering these days?
I read Switzerland is not suffering at all. It's like history repeat.

brazil,panama,mauritius,angola,paraguay,mexico,russia (big majority),saudi arabia,phillipines,thailand,vietnam,indonesia,malaysia etc
Panama should not be on the list. I recently moved out due to the intense protests there. Trigger was the extremely high prices of fuel. Before I paid 0,63 USD per liter. This summer it got up to 1,2 USD per liter and for those people and country that is brutal. So they suffer too, but yeah a bit less than EU because at least people won´t freeze down here in the tropics and there is plenty of food grown the whole year available for everybody.

Panama should not be on the list. I recently moved out due to the intense protests there. Trigger was the extremely high prices of fuel. Before I paid 0,63 USD per liter. This summer it got up to 1,2 USD per liter and for those people and country that is brutal. So they suffer too, but yeah a bit less than EU because at least people won´t freeze down here in the tropics and there is plenty of food grown the whole year available for everybody.
lets see this winter and lets talk who suffers and who doesnt

lets see this winter and lets talk who suffers and who doesnt
I talked about Panama from the list. They will not freeze for sure but they are greatly affected by this crisis and could say suffering as well but differently than europeans. Talking from my personal experience. I repeat and agree, Europe will suffer the most from all. That is a fact even though many have no clue because they are not europeans and know crap.

Well, Europe will be "poorer" but at least there will be people that won't feel it.

Reactions: RealDude
You are a prime example of the German Angst.
No i'm one of the last generation who received a good education in germany even i claim that 90% was BS and conditioning .
I had the luck that we had old pruss teachers who demanded a lot of us where i can say we spit blood because we had so much to learn.
However these thinking structures and logic is something the last 2 generations haven't learned.
I remember when older people told that the youth gets dumber and dumber.
At that time i laughed about it but when you get older you see how youth is systematicly made dumber.

Germans in general is a dumb nation nowadays.
People in many nations are way better educated than germans.
But they still think they are the country of thinker and peots.
They don't even know basic staff nowadays.
As we laughed about americans 25 years ago more and more germans get today on the same level

A nice read about it is the sputnik syndrom how the top decides about the education levels of "their" citizens

Last edited:
Reactions: polonieth

German energy giant Uniper clocks up a £35bn loss after Russia chokes off gas supplies​

---- quote start

A German energy giant has reported a £35bn loss – one of the biggest in corporate history – after Russia choked off gas supplies.

Uniper, which yesterday published results for the first nine months of the year, has become the biggest corporate casualty so far of the Kremlin's action.

The group, which has seven power stations in the UK as well as a gas storage facility, high-pressure gas pipelines and an operation in Kent to convert imported liquid natural gas (LNG) back into natural gas, is in the process of being nationalised as a result of the crisis.

Shares fell more than 5 per cent on the latest results and are down by 93 per cent for the year to date, taking its value from £13.3bn to £960m.

When Russia cut off gas to Europe it left Uniper having to buy supplies at much higher prices, which were not passed on to consumers.

Paying for the more expensive supplies saw the company incur losses of up to £87m a day when gas prices spiked over the summer, falling to less than £9m a day by the end of October as prices cooled.

That has added up to nearly £9bn so far with an expected £27bn of future losses related to the same issue pencilled in.

Chief financial officer Tiina Tuomela said the situation 'has left massive scars' in the business's financial results. Uniper has threatened legal action against Russia's Gazprom, which had been its main supplier, which could see it seek billions in compensation.

---- quote end

Latest Threads