Our valued sponsor

Germany only country where you can buy a car with 20K euro in Cash?

it's more like if it is allowed to carry so much money with you and pay a car in cash in your country!??

Reactions: bastard
it's more like if it is allowed to carry so much money with you

I don't know (do you?) about a country that limits how much cash you can carry - all the limits are (from what I know) applied to the person2person of person2business payments (often with different penalties)

cross border trips are a different thing - one should report 10k+ amount in EUR cash to the customs when you're leaving EU

Not for long. Cash payments will be limited to 3000 euros.
That's true. They changed the law this week. Unbelievable. Nowadays they are demonising money. The end is near. But its only when you buy from a business. They are not allowed anymore to accept cash payments above 3000. If they do they will be prosecuted lol.

The rules don't apply when you buy a car or other product from a private seller. Then this law doesn't apply

Unbelievable. Nowadays they are demonising money. The end is near.

Yup the EU is preparing for the end game. No one will be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast...sorry I meant VISA or MasterCard ns2

Reactions: Sulu and Car'a'carn
In South Africa there is a CTR (Cash Transaction Threshold). It is any amount of up to R24 999 (Approx US-$1800) per cash transaction. The accountable and reporting institutions (all businesses) are required to report any transactions in excess of such amount or smaller amounts equating to R25 000 (if they appear to be part of one transaction) within a period of two business days after such transaction has taken place. This is where business gets interesting, I know of a guy who made plenty of money with BTC, he went to a car dealership and paid every 3rd day an amount just below the CTR, for a car of approx $44,000, thus it was not needed by the dealership to report the transaction and no one was any wiser, adding, it was a friends dealership and knew he had the money, got the car the next day. Getting onto the subject of Crypto's, South Africa withdrew from the gold standard roundabout 1975-6 if my memory serves me right, so, my question, one of the worlds largest gold producing countries doesn't have gold as the backup to their money? Why did the then government make that decision, crazy, when BTC came, the government was all up in arms and stated there is nothing backing BTC? Further a little useless information is that, South Africa rates 16th in the world, of the population having investments in crypto and Turkey the No 1 nation.

Reactions: JohnLocke
In South Africa there is a CTR (Cash Transaction Threshold). It is any amount of up to R24 999 (Approx US-$1800) per cash transaction. The accountable and reporting institutions (all businesses) are required to report any transactions in excess of such amount or smaller amounts equating to R25 000 (if they appear to be part of one transaction) within a period of two business days after such transaction has taken place.
Wow, this really comes to an suprise to me, I thought that South Africa wasn't that far yet. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Germany is on some parts not that fast, it may be a matter of time before they put up similar restrictions like the one above :( So if you need to buy something big for cash you better hurry.

I just read somewhere that it is possible to buy a car or other stuff with 20,000 euro in cash! Is Germany the only country where this is possible or are most countries accepting that much money in cash?
German Turks will allegedly sell a parallel import car for cash with no receipts. Whether that parallel import car is legit or semi-legit is a different story. Rumour has it that cars stolen in Ukraine are difficult to trace.

Latest Threads