Our valued sponsor

Get Etherum Anonymous with Monero

I'm working fullltime using the internet and its technological possibilities since 1996.
You belive you have more knowledge than me ?
When i say encryption is useless because of a control point between sender and receiver than you can trust me.
I would not make such claim not being 100% sure.

- "I'm working full-time using the internet and its technological possibilities since 1996."

So you're working at a Mcdonald's using their free wifi since 1996.

- "You believe you have more knowledge than me ?"

On this matter, most likely.

- "When I say encryption is useless because of a control point between sender and receiver then you can trust me."

Do you even understand what encryption is?

If what I said is wrong, please enlighten me with your wisdom on how you're supposed to break end-to-end encryption. And don't say again that dAtA iS DiViDeD iNtO pAcKeTs aNd tHeY cOnTrOl tHaT blah blah blah.

one simple thing here should explain a lot I think:

If 369 guy were right about someone in between the data on the internet we send and receive, there should be no cyber crime. everyone would be under total surveillance and control.

one simple thing here should explain a lot I think:

If 369 guy were right about someone in between the data on the internet we send and receive, there should be no cyber crime. everyone would be under total surveillance and control.
This would be correct IF the agencies would like people to know there exist something.
Right now they collect and analyze data to create profies for everyone using the internet
Also right at the moment there could be also some legal issues (don't know but can imagine)

You clearly lack any knowledge about encryption and how the internet works.

Information is encrypted before it leaves your computer (not even someone sniffing your own router's traffic will know what you're sending), therefore any packet that any agency may try to read will be encrypted, therefore intelligible. Once all the packets reach their destination, the decryption algorithm is applied and the data becomes legible again. It doesn't matter which routers your packet goes through, information will be intelligible the whole time, the only way anyone could read the content is by either cracking the key (which in most cases is quasi impossible if you use a strong encryption algorithm, at least for now) or you committing a mistake and leaking the key somewhere.

This is where 'attack mitigation' providers like Cloudflare et al are a cause for concern. Since they protect a web property by sitting in front of it, they essentially have license to MITM all traffic going between the site / end-user. Therefore they do have access to all clear datapackets, do they not? And since they definitely serve a large chunk of the internet it's becoming a major liability. So the risk is transfered from some basement hacker sniffing your packets to a giant centralized entity that's legally permitted to do so at the behest of the website operator. Once people feel the wrath of a ddos/bot attack they quickly switch over to big brother CF to protect them, parallel to real life really.

This is where 'attack mitigation' providers like Cloudflare et al are a cause for concern. Since they protect a web property by sitting in front of it, they essentially have license to MITM all traffic going between the site / end-user. Therefore they do have access to all clear datapackets, do they not? And since they definitely serve a large chunk of the internet it's becoming a major liability. So the risk is transfered from some basement hacker sniffing your packets to a giant centralized entity that's legally permitted to do so at the behest of the website operator. Once people feel the wrath of a ddos/bot attack they quickly switch over to big brother CF to protect them, parallel to real life really.
You can use your own certificates on cloudflare

Latest Threads