Our valued sponsor

Gibraltar added to the Financial Action Task Force’s ( FATF) grey list

Hmmm did they get removed @Martin Everson ?

Last I heard was below:

------

The Financial Action Task Force, the global money laundering and terrorist financing watchdog, confirmed on Friday it would send an onsite inspection team to Gibraltar, the final step toward removing the Rock from its ‘grey list’ of high-risk jurisdictions.

The inspection is likely to take place in the coming weeks and, assuming everything is in order, Gibraltar could be removed from the grey list at the FATF’s next plenary meeting in February, 2024.

-----

This whole system and the fatf should be abolished, all they do is bullying around the world. Lets hope the global south wisens up and just ignore these bankrupt western nations.

I totally agree. It's politicized and a way for the US to exert pressure on a country for not doing its bidding.

How dare you compare Somalia with unreputable jurisdictions like Bulgaria, Gibraltar or Croatia?

I am surprised they did not put Hungary on the list because of Victor Orban ;).

P.S Just shows the importance of China's strategy of counties conducting bilateral trade in their own local currencies and in long term use of their own payment and settlement networks. One has to make bilteral trade between sovereign countries sanction proof and that means NO SWIFT!!!

Reactions: JackAlabama and Don

Latest Threads