Our valued sponsor

Global taxes/ompliance consultant recommendations?

Hi Everyone,

I'm a digital nomad/perpetual traveler with a nonideal setup in terms of compliance/safety. I'm looking to make it more robust (currently in the process). Can anyone recommend me a consultant that specializes in this type of stuff? I have already worked with a few, but it seems most specialize in a specific topic (LLC formation, taxation etc) - While I need someone who can help me devise a more general plan and setup. Does anyone know someone suitable? I have a somewhat complex situation with a lot of options.

Thanks

You better specify which jurisdictions you reside, where your abode is (even you are a perpetual traveler most stay for a long time in one country or have still connections with their country of citizenship) , your citizenship, where you will incorporate and operate businesses from.

From my personal experience you won't find a one suits all consultant or lawyer. Unless you spend a fortune to the big 4 om tax planning. To a normal request for 10k usd they will just provide you some general information and 15 slides

Find in each jurisdiction where you will reside and believe have a tax risks a good local international tax lawyer. They will know all taxation rules in that country and it's relationships with other international countries from the perspective of that tax jurisdictions.

Consulting tax lawyers or advisers in each of the country you stay in or operette from helps to cross check what tax lawyer A in country A gives of advice about country A and B, and tax lawyer B in country B about country B and A. So important is to find an international tax lawyer.

Asses the risk of each country and spend accordingly, SEA tax authorities are much less aggressive compared to most EU tax authorities

You better specify which jurisdictions you reside, where your abode is (even you are a perpetual traveler most stay for a long time in one country or have still connections with their country of citizenship) , your citizenship, where you will incorporate and operate businesses from.

From my personal experience you won't find a one suits all consultant or lawyer. Unless you spend a fortune to the big 4 om tax planning. To a normal request for 10k usd they will just provide you some general information and 15 slides

Find in each jurisdiction where you will reside and believe have a tax risks a good local international tax lawyer. They will know all taxation rules in that country and it's relationships with other international countries from the perspective of that tax jurisdictions.

Consulting tax lawyers or advisers in each of the country you stay in or operette from helps to cross check what tax lawyer A in country A gives of advice about country A and B, and tax lawyer B in country B about country B and A. So important is to find an international tax lawyer.

Asses the risk of each country and spend accordingly, SEA tax authorities are much less aggressive compared to most EU tax authorities
Thanks for the comment, What I'm looking for is not a tax advisor per se, but more like someone who specializes in "setups" for digital nomads/PT, someone like Chris Natterer (Which I had a call with long ago and who gave me some advice but not sufficient to my needs). I'm ok with finding local tax advisors in each relevant country; the question is more about "what will be the best setup for me considering my specific situation."

That doesn't really exist.
There are people like Nomad Capitalist et al. who claim to offer such services, but they're really just marketers with a general idea and then they hand you off to one of their partners, who will do the setup for you, so they can never be held liable (and they get a nice commission from them).

As a nomad, you should make sure you have no tax obligation to your "home country" (country where you used to live) and that you don't trigger new tax obligations in any other countries (or if there is such a risk, that you get professional legal advice from someone from that country).
Other than that, you just get a tax residency in a tax-free/territorial tax country and you can use something as simple as a US LLC. That works for a lot of people at least.

What specific advice are you looking for? What's your specific situation? There's a lot of good information on this forum.

That doesn't really exist.
There are people like Nomad Capitalist et al. who claim to offer such services, but they're really just marketers with a general idea and then they hand you off to one of their partners, who will do the setup for you, so they can never be held liable (and they get a nice commission from them).

As a nomad, you should make sure you have no tax obligation to your "home country" (country where you used to live) and that you don't trigger new tax obligations in any other countries (or if there is such a risk, that you get professional legal advice from someone from that country).
Other than that, you just get a tax residency in a tax-free/territorial tax country and you can use something as simple as a US LLC. That works for a lot of people at least.

What specific advice are you looking for? What's your specific situation? There's a lot of good information on this forum.
Could I dm You, please?
The problem is my situation is unique enough that specifying it could later identify me. But in general, I do have exactly the setup you described (as well as making sure I don't need to pay taxes in my home country), there are a few things that worry me with this setup. For example, if I would like to buy an apartment at some point, banks might ask me for the source of the money or proof I paid taxes (which happened to a friend of mine in Cyprus), or in general how do I transfer large money sums without it triggering audits, I also have an issue of one year without residency anywhere which I'm worried might create a problem down the line as well so I'm wondering how to mitigate it.

I heard bad things about Nomad Capitalist, and would rather find a more affordable and better consultant.