Our valued sponsor

Gofaizen & Sherle - Fintech Law Services

diatessaron

Pro Member
May 7, 2022
Mongolia
Visit site
I came across this company while looking for a new partner and so far I am convinced they are legit, whatever that means when it comes to such companies. They are registered in Estonia: MTR and have started as a business in 2021. They had a turnover of 1,366,868.00 €uro in 2022 and 13 employees. They have 9, 5 star ratings on Google. Everything seems to be good so far but before I send them an e-mail and risk wasting my time, has anyone here used this company before or is anyone still using them?

You want to connect with recognized lawyers when it comes to your business. I would not trust a startup with my legal matters.

Reactions: troubled soul
When doing due diligence on law firms, I like to check that the firm and/or its lawyers are members of the local bar association (in each jurisdiction they claim to be lawyers). Membership of other relevant organizations (such as STEP) can also be a good sign.

I also look for traditional media and social media appearances of the firm and its lawyers. That can tell you a lot about who they are.

Check and see if they are listed on industry websites like Legal500 and Chambers.com. If a firm is listed, that can be a good sign. If a firm is not listed, it might just mean they're still too small or simply not focused on getting their name out there through such websites.

I came across this company while looking for a new partner and so far I am convinced they are legit, whatever that means when it comes to such companies. They are registered in Estonia: MTR and have started as a business in 2021. They had a turnover of 1,366,868.00 €uro in 2022 and 13 employees. They have 9, 5 star ratings on Google. Everything seems to be good so far but before I send them an e-mail and risk wasting my time, has anyone here used this company before or is anyone still using them?
This is a corporate services provider(csp) or a legal company and not a law firm with attorneys and advocates.
It might fit your purpose and work well if you require some standardized services like:
1) Company formation and registration
2) Accounting and bookkeeping
3) Local tax consulting and filing
4) Virtual address
When it comes to legal advice you are most likely facing somebody who is not licensed or is an intermediary.
If you need a legal opinion go to a law firm instead.

You want to connect with recognized lawyers when it comes to your business. I would not trust a startup with my legal matters.
Problem is with the fact that a lot of these recognized lawyers cannot get me a license in the country I want it from.
When doing due diligence on law firms, I like to check that the firm and/or its lawyers are members of the local bar association (in each jurisdiction they claim to be lawyers). Membership of other relevant organizations (such as STEP) can also be a good sign.

I also look for traditional media and social media appearances of the firm and its lawyers. That can tell you a lot about who they are.

Check and see if they are listed on industry websites like Legal500 and Chambers.com. If a firm is listed, that can be a good sign. If a firm is not listed, it might just mean they're still too small or simply not focused on getting their name out there through such websites.
Thank you for the tips. I couldn't find them at Estonian Bar Association, I tried with every one of the names that are on their site and nothing comes up. It's the same for their address in Estonia. Now I'm not sure if they're registered in another country or are registered under another name or I'm typing something wrong. Legal500 and Chambers.com don't have them in their db.

Their Linkedin profile seems to be active with their latest post being 2 weeks ago. Twitter and Facebook not so much.
This is a corporate services provider(csp) or a legal company and not a law firm with attorneys and advocates.
It might fit your purpose and work well if you require some standardized services like:
1) Company formation and registration
2) Accounting and bookkeeping
3) Local tax consulting and filing
4) Virtual address
When it comes to legal advice you are most likely facing somebody who is not licensed or is an intermediary.
If you need a legal opinion go to a law firm instead.
I'm looking to register a company and get a crypto license, they offer both of those services.

Problem is with the fact that a lot of these recognized lawyers cannot get me a license in the country I want it from.

Thank you for the tips. I couldn't find them at Estonian Bar Association, I tried with every one of the names that are on their site and nothing comes up. It's the same for their address in Estonia. Now I'm not sure if they're registered in another country or are registered under another name or I'm typing something wrong. Legal500 and Chambers.com don't have them in their db.

Their Linkedin profile seems to be active with their latest post being 2 weeks ago. Twitter and Facebook not so much.

I'm looking to register a company and get a crypto license, they offer both of those services.
It is not a law firm.

Previously it was very easy and straightforward to obtain crypto licenses in Estonia so any CSP could do it. Nowadays I would recommend approaching a law firm with such plans.

Active law firms in the crypto sphere are TGS Baltic, Hedman & Partners, and Lextal.

TOP 3 law firms in Estonia are:
Cobalt Legal
Law Firm Walless
Ellex Raidla

I have hereto attached the overview of EU crypto regulations, noting that Estonia has a rather high compliance burden compared to many others, which would reflect in higher budgets (at least in the short-term). In the long term, the regulations will be harmonized in the EU due to MiCA.

Feel free to pm me to chat about the topic.

Attachments

• European Crypto Regulation - A Summary of Law by Country.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 6
It is not a law firm.

Previously it was very easy and straightforward to obtain crypto licenses in Estonia so any CSP could do it. Nowadays I would recommend approaching a law firm with such plans.

Active law firms in the crypto sphere are TGS Baltic, Hedman & Partners, and Lextal.

TOP 3 law firms in Estonia are:
Cobalt Legal
Law Firm Walless
Ellex Raidla

I have hereto attached the overview of EU crypto regulations, noting that Estonia has a rather high compliance burden compared to many others, which would reflect in higher budgets (at least in the short-term). In the long term, the regulations will be harmonized in the EU due to MiCA.

Feel free to pm me to chat about the topic.

I'm not saying they are a law firm. They are offering a service which I am interested in. There's no need to approach a law firm, I've been through the process of registering a company and getting a license before, only difference was that the other one was out of EEA.

I'm also not looking to register it in Estonia. Czech Republic is a country I am interested in because of what they have to offer.

Results: In this case law firms are a waste of money.

Latest Threads