Our valued sponsor

Going offshore - Company and Bank Account Jurisdiction for Crypto?

Jea

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
I live in a small central European EU country. I'm going to become a tax non-resident of that country (by cancelling my permanent residence, not staying over 183 days and not having a property in that country) until the end of this year. Then I plan moving to Georgia, renting a flat there and becoming a resident. Later wanna buy invest over $100k (or $300k) in property in Georgia and get my temporary (or permanent) residence card.

My business is completely online based and crypto related. My understanding is, that I'll be paying zero tax in Georgia from my online business.

1. Where would you recommend opening an offshore company for my business? Do I even need an offshore company? What would be the advantages over not having one and doing everything in my own name with a Georgian residence? Zero corporate tax and no (or little) accounting is a requirement.
(My friend used to have some offshore companies in the past, but he used them mostly for "hiding" money. I plan doing everything legal - by moving my residence to a country which won't tax me - so wanna make sure if I actually need an offshore company).

2. Where would you recommend opening crypto friendly bank account(s)? I plan opening a personal account in Georgia after I get there, but I've heard that opening account for an offshore company is not so easy in Georgia. Some other banking jurisdictions I'm thinking about - Singapore, Switzerland/Liechtenstein, Panama, United Arab Emirates, Mauritius. Personal visits to open bank accounts won't be a problem as I like traveling.

Let me know what you think about my setup. Thanks...

Reactions: JohnLocke
Use your current EU banking, you can get high liquidity from Coinbase or Kraken and EU banks don't usually give problems with sending or receiving

Latest Threads