Our valued sponsor

Gold vs. tungsten :)

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Don't laugh - it's half joke and half a serious question.
I had an interesting debate yesterday which (as usual) came to the point of defending investment into physical gold, how important/useful it is in the times of real crisis and social disruption, how useful it is to bribe people to let you leave the country or buy the basic stuff when everything is broken... Better to have coins and small bars, not the indivisible 1kg bars, blah blah. - usual arguments.
And I kind of realized that exactly for this scenarios it absolutely doesn't matter whether it's real gold of some forged s**t full of tungsten.
What are your thoughts on this? Does it make any sense to "invest" into fake golden bars/coins? Does anyone make this copies selling it openly as retread? ;)

The US government routinely sells filled gold bars to its business partners worldwide. It also delivers the same quality democracy to your doorstep.
If you do not run a country and do not need missiles or fighter jets, your best chance is to find a seller in China. I can give you a contact in PM ;)

Reactions: Jbb1
The US government routinely sells filled gold bars to its business partners worldwide. It also delivers the same quality democracy to your doorstep.
If you do not run a country and do not need missiles or fighter jets, your best chance is to find a seller in China. I can give you a contact in PM ;)
Can you share it with me as well?

Thanks

If you want some risk, buy Neo Performance Materials. Decent long term hold. I am a long time watcher myself, might buy in if the debt ceiling drop materializes. Rare earths are a decent play because few (try) to understand them.

Not financial advise.

Atalaya at low risk in Spain is also decent for copper play. Still I prefer rare earths cause who knows how much the smart guys will optimize in terms of copper reduction. Last year cobalt was so hot everyone optimized their batteries and now it's down.

VRB (vanadium redux flow batteries) are also semi interesting.

I was primarily asking whether you guys agree that forged golden bars/coins are as good as the real ones when it comes to real crisis and gold is supposed to play the role of p2p money - which is the most frequent argument for holding physical gold I hear.

I was primarily asking whether you guys agree that forged golden bars/coins are as good as the real ones when it comes to real crisis and gold is supposed to play the role of p2p money - which is the most frequent argument for holding physical gold I hear.
Forged gold is worse, take it as you may, gold is risky cause you have to carry it. If you want to play gold, buy it physical with a guard and ship it to that safe in Singapore from Hong Kong if the amount is large.

P2P, it has been P2P for a long time. All depends on the jurisdiction you want to cash out. It surely puts you in the register which is why I think crypto is better. You can't bring it on an airplane. Islamic countries all is good.

The whole gold problem was supposed to be solved by the easily trackable crypto. If you want to see the absolute limits of gold as an exercise, through an inside story of the limits of gold, watch
. Le Roux is a semi probable creator of BTC imo and he created it cause gold was too inefficient. The video is all theory but exposes the limits of gold well.

The vault in Singapore by the way is surprisingly cheap. Will post Nomad cause I don't want to give you faulty links.

Last edited:
Sure, but not as good as fake money!
I tend to disagree...
first, depending on the level of system disruption money (bank notes) can easily be much less appreciated if accepted at all
unless...

second, possession of fake dollars is criminalized, however fake bullion or coin is no problem I guess

I tend to disagree...
first, depending on the level of system disruption money (bank notes) can easily be much less appreciated if accepted at all
unless...
Agreed in an apocalypse scenario
second, possession of fake dollars is criminalized, however fake bullion or coin is no problem I guess
it would be fraud if you pretend the fake gold to be real