Our valued sponsor

GOOD Emis?

offsho

Dec 10, 2022
Uae
Visit site
Help,
I'm checking many many trustpilot reviews and app reviews of EMIs and digital banks and besides revolut, wise age zen they (which I also have personal experience with) they are all crappy.

I'm a euro citizen and resident (cyprus) and looking for trustworthy, stable EMI / digital bank that can be opened remotely similar to wise, revokut.

Can you guys share others that you have concrete, good, long term experience with besides these 3?

Reactions: Marios
I'm checking many many trustpilot reviews and app reviews of EMIs and digital banks and besides revolut, wise age zen they (which I also have personal experience with) they are all crappy.
Do you really believe trustpilot reviews and app reviews (on Apple Store, Google Play etc., I presume)??? If so, then you are simply working with a misleading information.
For a valuable information you should search at sources like forums used by people that are (relatively) unbiased and know what they are talking about, so for fintech opinions e.g. here and for sw opinions at sw forums for your platform.
I'm a euro citizen and resident (cyprus) and looking for trustworthy, stable EMI / digital bank that can be opened remotely similar to wise, revokut.

Can you guys share others that you have concrete, good, long term experience with besides these 3?
There are plenty; but not of the model one-size-fits-all. Unless you share what is your use-case (personal or business account, currencies need to use, destinations of incoming and outgoing payments, expectable turnover, ...) you cannot expect a reasonably founded advice :)

Reactions: lacomaco and jafo
It's safe to say there is nothing else quite like Revolut and Wise. To operate what they do at the pricing they do, you need massive amounts of OPM (Other People's Money) and millions upon millions of customers. And even then, doubts are cast over Revolut's profits. Only Wise is profitable (thanks to confiscating all of @Forester's money ;)).

There is a big step down to other EMIs, most of which barely have EUR/SEPA and cards. N26 and Bunq were early market entrants and remain quite popular.

If you can share more details about your use case, there might be some specific EMIs that fit you.

Do you really believe trustpilot reviews and app reviews (on Apple Store, Google Play etc., I presume)??? If so, then you are simply working with a misleading information.
For a valuable information you should search at sources like forums used by people that are (relatively) unbiased and know what they are talking about, so for fintech opinions e.g. here and for sw opinions at sw forums for your platform.

There are plenty; but not of the model one-size-fits-all. Unless you share what is your use-case (personal or business account, currencies need to use, destinations of incoming and outgoing payments, expectable turnover, ...) you cannot expect a reasonably founded advice :)
As you can see I'm in a main forum and asking here so not sure what the entire first part of your reply is all about.

About the second part.
Looking for EMIs and digital banks to spread my funds to keeping in each up to 20k max instead of keeping all in one single bank

Only Wise is profitable (thanks to confiscating all of @Forester's money ;)).
:) :) :) Fortunately, I ran away just-in-time ;)
Seriously: FWIW, my deep opinion about Revolut/Wise can be found e.g. here: Question - Wise (Revolut) Whats the benefit/cons? Should I have one? /#4/

As you can see I'm in a main forum and asking here so not sure what the entire first part of your reply is all about.
Sorry. Do not take it personally. I was perhaps misunderstanding that you believed in trustpilot reviews and app reviews; respectively, just the fact that someone is using these reviews as a background for something was surprising for me (as the validity and reliability of these reviews is really IMO close to zero).
About the second part.
Looking for EMIs and digital banks to spread my funds to keeping in each up to 20k max instead of keeping all in one single bank
OK. So I conclude
– a personal account
– almost no transactions
– ? currency EUR (as you are Cypriot) ?
Correct me, please, if I'm wrong.
Presuming that I'm right, I would say that if you go for Blackcatcard, Paysera, Conotoxia, Verifo, you will be fine.
Just to add, for your use-case both Revolut and Wise are IMO fine, too :)

(EDIT)
@bigdaddyleon: I agree on Blackcatcard, can't say anything about Paytend.

Last edited:
If your looking for digital banks then Mano Bank, Aion Bank or MeDirect Bank you can look at. Medirect Bank is mostly for investment but has no monthly fees so easy place to park money.

Reactions: vehzag and jafo

Latest Threads