Our valued sponsor

Got scammed online and need advice

You always want to use a escrow service for larger transactions. We have seen this a many time where people get ripped off, if they had used an escrow service this would have reduced the lost by at least 90% !

Reactions: troubled soul
Reactions: troubled soul
what is prayer lol

iu

• Haha
Reactions: jjrapy
only with his permission.
Nope, it doesn't work like that. There is no permission required from the recipient if the payment was made as an error. It happened to both me receiving transfers not intended for me and me sending payment not intended for the recipient. In both cases I was successful in getting money back by filling transfer reversal complaint with the bank. I have to say though that it was like 10 years ago.

There is a difference between making a wire to a legit person and a wire to a scammer sadly. If he sent it to a scammer then money has most likely moved on and account could be empty already.

Bank already told him he said in first post they cannot retrieve the wire....lol. So he is out of luck.

That's why I told him good prayer is needed for a miracle ange¤%&.

He used a wrong wording with the bank. He should just submit bank transfer reversal complaint due to mistake in the account number. But as @Martin Everson said if he is a scammer and he moved this money, there is no retrieval possible if the scammer balance doesn't have the amount equalled to the bank transfer on his account. Unless a bank can make force a negative balance, which I think is possible as the money does not belong to the recipient if it was wired mistakenly. I guess this will also differ from one country to another as to how it is treated.

He used a wrong wording with the bank. He should just submit bank transfer reversal complaint due to mistake in the account number. But as @Martin Everson said if he is a scammer and he moved this money, there is no retrieval possible if the scammer balance doesn't have the amount equalled to the bank transfer on his account. Unless a bank can make force a negative balance, which I think is possible as the money does not belong to the recipient if it was wired mistakenly. I guess this will also differ from one country to another as to how it is treated.
you know we have 2022 and not 10 years back right ?Without a civil lawsuit you can't get your money back if the scammer doesn't give permission PERIOD

Unless a bank can make force a negative balance, which I think is possible as the money does not belong to the recipient if it was wired mistakenly.

Will be pointless. We don't even know if these are real banks OP is talking about or just simply EMI's. A real scammer would have opened account with darks anyway and have made of with money. An instant debit card transaction (as soon as i.e 5,000 euros landed on the account) into a cash remittance service provider and poof your money gone as physical cash into the African bush :confused:.

Will be pointless. We don't even know if these are real banks OP is talking about or just simply EMI's. A real scammer would have opened account with darks anyway and have made of with money. An instant debit card transaction (as soon as i.e 5,000 euros landed on the account) into a cash remittance service provider and poof your money gone as physical cash into the African bush :confused:.
i bought 3 years ago a prepaid card for my son as he wanted to drive on vaccation with a group.
Received a card with an unopened letter from bank with all details including iban.
I wired money and couldn't see it on the card.
I called the bank and they told me this bank card is a fake one non existend to their system.
I told them to block that account and refund me my money.
They blocked it for 7 days however never send me my money back with the explanation their customer claims its valid money he made and the only way to get the money back is opening a civial lawsuite which makes fully sense.

lesson learned the hard way even i call myself to be very difficult to get cheated.

• Wow
Reactions: Martin Everson

Latest Threads