Our valued sponsor

Has anyone been to Lagos, Nigeria?

Marc Rich

BANNED MEMBER
Mar 25, 2021
UAE
Visit site
Going to Nigeria next week. First time in Lagos for me, not sure what to expect in West Africa. Will be there for 2 weeks.

Anyone who has been to Lagos, care to share some insights? I will be staying on Victoria Island.

Reactions: uplana
Anyone who has been to Lagos, care to share some insights? I will be staying on Victoria Island.

Yes I actually worked there and in Port Harcourt in the east back in the day. Great memories. Your staying in VI the affluent area but I was housed on Banana Island but office was in VI.

P.S Check out Eko Atlantic while you are there. That man made island with Marina and infrastructure sounds promising.

Yes I actually worked there and in Port Harcourt in the east back in the day. Great memories. Your staying in VI the affluent area but I was housed on Banana Island but office was in VI.
oh wow, I've heard that Port Harcourt is quite a dangerous area. I will be staying in VI, but will be moving around the mainland part as well.

Is there anything to consider? I have been before to countries like Iran, Pakistan, Kenya, Zambia etc. so I assume Nigeria is the same where you just keep your eyes peeled and maintain some level of streetsmarts and you will be fine.

Have you ever run into any sort of trouble there?

Is there anything to consider? I have been before to countries like Iran, Pakistan, Kenya, Zambia etc. so I assume Nigeria is the same where you just keep your eyes peeled and maintain some level of streetsmarts and you will be fine.

Nothing will happen especially in VI as its rich folks place. But be alert if going out after dark on your own I guess.

Have you ever run into any sort of trouble there?

I was there many years ago and things will have changed. Never had any issues. On VI you will see a lot of affluent expats, businessmen as they and politicians are really only ones that can pay extortionate property prices and rents on VI :confused:. Makes London seem cheap by comparison.

Check out the local stock market. I just read this interesting article about the bargain value of African stocks:

You need a local brokerage account to trade, so you might be able to open a local brokerage account while in-country.

Going to Nigeria next week. First time in Lagos for me, not sure what to expect in West Africa. Will be there for 2 weeks.

years back I had a friend who went there, he was dump enough to bang a hooker, nothing bad happened but then he went over a river, when he came back, he got into the hospital and had some strange worm in his intestines. I can tell you he does not go through a river in Nigeria again :D