Our valued sponsor

Hello Admin... I'm confused , need to set up offshore acct to Moneybookers

famgent

Offshore Agent
Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Admin, unfortunately as a new user I am unable to contact you by PM. It would be appreciate it if there is any way I can contact you.

I have read some of your posts and I would like to speak with you specifically.

I will write my story here below so you can see my case. I may have already communicated about this through your main site, but I don't think I was clear enough. anyhow, others may share similar concerns so I will just go ahead and write it all out here.

Title: I'm confused, looking to set-up a safe offshore personal acct, connect it to Moneybookers

----------------------

Hello I'm sorry to interfere in the thread, but I am unable to write PM's because I haven't posted 25 posts here yet.

I wish to simply store my income from online miscellaenous jobs which I get paid for, such as translation services etc, most of payments are made to my Moneybookers account which I find quite handy, plus their debit card is a great feature.

The problem however is that the Moneybookers is not a bank account and therefore once I accumulate some money, it would be best to "store" this money somewhere , where tax-hungry govts would not put their nose to it.

I am a frequent traveler and I do not have a place of residency per say. This is my story, I have lived in Canada for 15+ years and also have the Canadian citizenship... and also have citizenship from Poland, and I 've been residing temporarily in Poland for the past 12 months, but I have basically travelled a lot and only left my things here in my grandma's apptment and so for the Polish gov't I am basically a ghost and that's how I'd like to keep it. The story gets a bit complicated and I'm not sure if I need to add this but fine, I'll add it. Basically the only reason I went to Poland suddenly is because my grandma's health was alarmingly bad and there was nobody else to take care of her, so I bought a ticket and came down here to help her in her final stages of life... 2 months afterwards she passed away. Basically after that I left my things here in her appt, because the way it works here, is that if you pay, they let you stay, so the appt is in her name still, but anyhow, that's Poland, go figure. I'm still allowed to stay here, but all the bills are in her name. The only bill I have in my internet contract. I do have an appartment in the capital city which I jointly inherited after my mother, and that appartment is basically rented and the bills there is in fact one bill registered to my name (the water bill only), also there are statements which I receive from the condo complex which are also sent to my name, so there is info which can be useful in your analysis.

However as I stated I'm basically a ghost here, and even when we were renting that appartment last year, both me and my brother were in Canada. Also another fact to add, the appartment is rented to friends who basically stay there and "pay the bills". So in fact this is a non-taxable issue , in case you were wondering.

Alright I think that's enough info.. but the main basic point is that well I don't really have an address of residence ... I know this is usually rare, but that's my case... let's see how I can figure this out with opening a safe offshore bank account and connecting it to my Moneybookers account.. Lol... it will take quite a wizard to figure this out...

As I mention in the following paragraphs below, there is a chance to get me a "utility" bill in my name back at my previous residency address... but to be honest, why should I be playing these "tricks" and games, when all I have to do is just be honest and open to the bank, wouldn't they appreciate that more? ... this world can in fact be strange with those paranoid rules.

I understand the fact that they need some proof of residence, and I can provide them ample documents, however, as I said, it depends how THEY will approach to my situation.

.. But I am moving to the Far East (INdia) next year for studies-business, and I am planning to stay there for perhaps 5 years or more. I travelled frequently in the past two years and I do not consider myself a resident of any place... although for banking purposes I understand this may be a problem. No worries, I can supply enough documents, the only problem is that I do not need and do not want tax authorities in Poland to be informed from an offshore bank account about my earnings from savings (The EU STD - the new EU directive which states that EU-member banks must report savings to the proper tax-authority which is the EU-country where you are "residing").

See the problem is that I don't wish them to report to the Polish Tax authority, I am a bit paranoid, because I've read some not-so nice stories about the Polish way of doing... and I'm better off avoiding that... So the problem is like this:

I don't mind "registering" to the offshore bank account with my current temporary residence in Poland, as long as they are going to keep that information confidential.

Furthermore, I could always register as a Canadian citizen, because I still have some mail coming to me in Canada. I think it's possible for me to even to arrange with my ex-roommate to have him change the bills so that they come in my name, I could always call the electric utility company.

As far as I'm concerned the last country and the only country where I was dealing with taxes was Canada....

I would like to do that when opening an offshore account and that would save me a lot of the unwanted headaches with the EU directive... \

see there are some nice banks in the EU region which would let you open an offshore bank, but with this come two problems:

1) if I show them the current residency (which is in fact only temporarily) of Poland, if they are strict (as EU banks seem to be), they will just apply the EU STD etc.... while technically really I am a Canadian tax payer. ... it's hard enough as it is by now, I mean proving them that really I am a Canadian resident would be and might be tough..

2) these banks seem to be asking about the source of funds when opening an account with them, see an example right here:

Quote:

What supporting documents will I need for my application?

You will need:

A certified copy of your passport or ID card (for each account holder for a joint account).

An original or certified copy of proof of address documentation dated within the last 3 months (for each account holder for a joint account).

Confirmation of source of funds and supporting documentation.

Find out more about how to certify documents and what documents are relevant, in the Appendix of the following PDF

Source: lloyds offshore statement... I cannot post link due to forum rules :)

The problem is that how you are going to prove to them that your source of funds is from some miscelaenous jobs over the internet, and from affiliate , etc. ? I mean, I will call them and ask about this, but these banks seem to be putting their nose a little too far into your money, don't you think?

I mean, I understand their point of view, they are simply following regulation procedures...

How is it looking from the EU-Cyprus' side? I understand they also may have some EU-kind of regulations to follow, but are they going to ask me to show them exactly all info where the money that will be deposited is coming from?

I am planning to deposit about 2-5K euros per month, on average... but it will accumulate. so is there any problem with that, Cyprus-wise?

If one day I decide to make a lump-sum wire-transfer , of let's say, 100,000 euros to my canadian bank account, will there be any issues with the bank? Cyprus regulators? What about transfers to and from family-friends ? If I inform the bank before-hand about for example, a bigger or unusual transfer, will that make things better? , etc. I know these kinds of issues are usually bank-specific and strongly depend on your relationship with the bank, but they still have some type of regulations to follow.

It's ridiculous how nowadays you have to watch every of your steps, how much money you transfer, how much money you carry on yourself. There are so many rules and they put so many sticks in your shoes that it's becoming very hard to walk ... with your own earned money.

Ok I'll stop right here, I think that's enough info to think about...

I'll sleep on that for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first of all welcome aboard:)

I can only go into general details about such things could be possible setup, what I can't give is any advice or even legal advise.

That said, then basically I would set it up very simple and like this: Incorporate a Cyprus company with a bank account in Cyprus, the company shall appoint a nominee director and shareholder so I can prove that it is controlled and managed in Cyprus, further, I would register the company as resident and pay the 10% corporate tax that apply in Cyprus, if at any time, there should be any problems with the tax authorities in the country where I'm at that time live then I could at least avoid to pay local tax but just the 10% Corporate tax due to the DTA Cyrus has for instant with Poland and many other countries. (There is a thread about the DTA here on the forum)!

The reason for why I would setup a Cyprus company is that I would not be limited in regards to moneybookers, PayPal, Alertpay and the many other banking and financial services available in Europe. It is easy to find a VPN or VPS in order to gain a Cyprus IP address if that is an issue, but in most cases it will not be an issue.

For the bank account it is important to mention that you should never withdraw money in your local country through a Debit Card, nor should you Wire transfer the money directly to your local bank account without proper documentation i.e. loan agreement.

Hello :) thanks for welcoming me onboard.

connecting a company account to your moneybookers account would be a problem, unless your name appears on the company account. anybody with experience in this please advise. I'm planning to just call Moneybookers and ask them.. might as well do that.

Yes and if I read between the lines then also by forming a Cyprus company I am then not connected with the EU Savings Directive, correct?

I've read somewhere that although the EU STD is not affecting companies, it may change in the near future ..

Why would I even need a Cyprus VPN ? Can't you do online banking from anywhere in the world?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
connecting a company account to your moneybookers account would be a problem, unless your name appears on the company account. anybody with experience in this please advise. I'm planning to just call Moneybookers and ask them.. might as well do that.
Best would be to contact Moneybookers directly. I believe that if you can show them the incorporate documents from the Cyprus company together with other personal details that it is possible, but worth to check with MB first.

Why would I even need a Cyprus VPN ? Can't you do online banking from anywhere in the world?
PayPal for instant will require that you log in to the account from a Cyprus IP if you apply with a Cyprus company + bank account... there is as well a thread about it here on the forum, will provide link later if you can't find it.

Latest Threads