Our valued sponsor

HELP! How to create a covered store?

Bufus777

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi there.
I have several e-commerce stores that sell products that are not allowed by major credit cards or even by high-risk gateways.
On this forum I read several users who in these cases suggested creating a hedging store.

Unfortunately, it is not technically clear to me how the real store checkout page connects to the coverage store checkout page.

Can anyone explain to me?

You create an official ecommerce store with nice products like teddy bears. you call it teddy.com
You create your second website that we name naughtythoughts, where you sell for instance sex toys (forbidden most of the time by famous payment gateways), at checkout, you must redirect to teddy.com. Your checkout page will never be indexed by Google. Then, in the description of the purchase, you should be careful.
So, if you use woocommerce, your products will be in teddy.com but they will be noindexed. YOur product page will be on naughtythoughts

Alternative:
you can use a bitcoin plugin like blockonomics. It is a bitcoin plugin that does not need a payment gateway. In other words they have no terms. So, with blockonomics you don't need to be in compiance with payment gateways. but you must create tutorials to explain your customers how to buy with a bitcoin. The bitcoin solution is MUCH MORE simple than anything else.

Reactions: Bufus777
You create an official ecommerce store with nice products like teddy bears. you call it teddy.com
You create your second website that we name naughtythoughts, where you sell for instance sex toys (forbidden most of the time by famous payment gateways), at checkout, you must redirect to teddy.com. Your checkout page will never be indexed by Google. Then, in the description of the purchase, you should be careful.
So, if you use woocommerce, your products will be in teddy.com but they will be noindexed. YOur product page will be on naughtythoughts

Alternative:
you can use a bitcoin plugin like blockonomics. It is a bitcoin plugin that does not need a payment gateway. In other words they have no terms. So, with blockonomics you don't need to be in compiance with payment gateways. but you must create tutorials to explain your customers how to buy with a bitcoin. The bitcoin solution is MUCH MORE simple than anything else.

Hi Anotherone, first of all thank you for your answer.
From a theoretical point of view, everything is clear.

What I don't understand is how do I redirect customers from Store 1 checkout to Store 2 checkout automatically.
I use woocommerce for most of my ecommerce.

My stores have many products (1500 - 2000).
How will it be possible that the cart of site 1 and the cart of site 2 have the same amounts during the checkout phase?

Thanks if you can answer me.

PS: I have already integrated Bitcoins into my store and everything is fine. However, I would like to accept credit card payments to increase my sales.

Hi Anotherone, first of all thank you for your answer.
From a theoretical point of view, everything is clear.

What I don't understand is how do I redirect customers from Store 1 checkout to Store 2 checkout automatically.
I use woocommerce for most of my ecommerce.

My stores have many products (1500 - 2000).
How will it be possible that the cart of site 1 and the cart of site 2 have the same amounts during the checkout phase?

Thanks if you can answer me.

PS: I have already integrated Bitcoins into my store and everything is fine. However, I would like to accept credit card payments to increase my sales.
There are wordpress plugin for this to synchronise your products like this one
the second website will pull out the product in the woocommerce of the other website.
So let's say your products are hidden on teddy.com but they are listed products in your woocommerce installation. YOu will install a plugin on naughtythoughts to get the details of the products on naughtythoughts and link to the checkout on teddy.com
woocommerce will only be installed on teddy.com but you will not display the product pages on teddy.com
you will display the product pages on naughtythoughts.

@JodyC
I will need something from you. I think that woocommerce sends details of the product to paypal. And we should be sure that it is not a problem. For instance, it would be bad if woocommerce would send the title of a prohibited product and prohibited description. For instance, imagine you sell lottery tickets. you don't want a title field named "loterry ticket" be transmitted to paypal during purchase. So, It would be nice if you could check which pieces of information woocommerce sends to paypal. thank you

Reactions: Bufus777
@JodyC
I will need something from you. I think that woocommerce sends details of the product to paypal. And we should be sure that it is not a problem. For instance, it would be bad if woocommerce would send the title of a prohibited product and prohibited description. For instance, imagine you sell lottery tickets. you don't want a title field named "loterry ticket" be transmitted to paypal during purchase. So, It would be nice if you could check which pieces of information woocommerce sends to paypal. thank you

Thanks friend!
Now everything is clear, I did not know the mechanism of the multistore.
Now I try .. I'll let you know if everything will be fine.

There are wordpress plugin for this to synchronise your products like this one
the second website will pull out the product in the woocommerce of the other website.
So let's say your products are hidden on teddy.com but they are listed products in your woocommerce installation. YOu will install a plugin on naughtythoughts to get the details of the products on naughtythoughts and link to the checkout on teddy.com
woocommerce will only be installed on teddy.com but you will not display the product pages on teddy.com
you will display the product pages on naughtythoughts.

Bro, I tried the plugin you recommended.
However, I don't think it can work to redirect customers from the real store cart to a checkout page for a cover shop.

It is a useful plugin for managing products on different stores, but there is no function to connect the checkout pages to a main store (the coverage one). : ((

You can use a plugin to do 301 redirections and configure woocommerce to redirect the checkout to the cover site for example

I was thinking...
By using the solution you propose, I won't be able to solve the problem anyway.

With the redirect I will be able to refer the customer from the checkout of the real shop to the checkout of the cover shop.

However when the customer is redirected to the coverage checkout he will no longer have the products in his cart and he will not be able to complete the purchase.

Guys, I thought there was an easy solution.

They seem to me very twisted roads and there are no specific plugins for this need.

Do you know any stores that use this method?

I know of several stores with high-risk products (e.g. puretimewatch.io) and do not use this method.

Latest Threads