Our valued sponsor

Help me understand 3Ds cons , specially with US clients.

I was offered a payment processor whose bank resides in Guatemala for USA clients.

Its a 3D processor and 70% approval rate is claimed.

Whats the "thing" with 3Ds providers? At least in my experience not being from a developed country... cards in a 3Ds processor simply dont work even if the bank support it. Does that approval ratio for USA clients look real? What other cons should I expect?

I was also told that they being in Guatemala, and not Asia for example is better for approval rates.. but i thought that customer banks wouldnt care about that, or is it because along with the descriptor they will see the country name?

Otherwise what advantage can a Guatemala bank have with the payment processor?

Its a 3D processor and 70% approval rate is claimed.
That sounds reasonable, maybe a little optimistic.

Whats the "thing" with 3Ds providers? At least in my experience not being from a developed country... cards in a 3Ds processor simply dont work even if the bank support it. Does that approval ratio for USA clients look real? What other cons should I expect?
Works fine in the US. It's good to have a non-3D option, too.

I was also told that they being in Guatemala, and not Asia for example is better for approval rates.. but i thought that customer banks wouldnt care about that, or is it because along with the descriptor they will see the country name?
Location matters.

Reactions: troubled soul
Could you kindly elaborate why location matters? What is it that other banks see?
The customer's bank can see in which country your bank is in (Guatemala). If the customer's bank thinks it's suspicious that their customer is buying something in Guatemala, the bank might reject it. If your bank is in USA, Canada, or Europe, it's much less likely that the customer's bank will reject.

The customer's bank can see in which country your bank is in (Guatemala). If the customer's bank thinks it's suspicious that their customer is buying something in Guatemala, the bank might reject it. If your bank is in USA, Canada, or Europe, it's much less likely that the customer's bank will reject.
Thank you! can you kindly be a little more explicit .. How does the client Bank in the USA see that my merchant account belongs to a Guatemala bank? Ive seen numerous times their systems and all I can tell is the descripor, the merchant country as registered in the descriptor, and category of the transaction .... but iam guessing one can manipulate the country here and has little to do with the actual bank country? Am i wrong?

Can they also see the name of the bank?

How does the client Bank in the USA see that my merchant account belongs to a Guatemala bank?
It's part of the information that Visa/Mastercard present to the customer's bank.

Ive seen numerous times their systems and all I can tell is the descripor, the merchant country as registered in the descriptor, and category of the transaction ....
The bank sees a lot more information that is shown on a credit card statement. Dozens/hundreds of more data points.

but iam guessing one can manipulate the country here and has little to do with the actual bank country? Am i wrong?
No, the country is not something that can be manipulated. It will show up as a Guatemalan bank which a US credit card company may find suspicious.

Can they also see the name of the bank?
Generally speaking, yes.

Latest Threads