Our valued sponsor

Help needed

magnacarta

Aug 12, 2021
Albania
Visit site
Hello,

First of all I apologize in advance for maybe not posting it in the right section.

Recently I’ve had a lot of business proposal regarding money transfers. Some of them ask me for the receiver some of them for the sender.

They all are talking to me about differet GPI’s and MT’s such as;
Swift MT104 GPI
Swift GPI MT103 direct cash transfer
Swift GPI with code
Swift GPI automatic / with UETR Code
Swift GPI semi-automatic / with UETR Code
Swift GPI Manual Download / with UETR Code etc.

However to be honest I have no idea what any of these mean or how their completed.

Anyone have any experience with this? If so can you let me know what it is, have you completed anything like this?

Thank you

Swift MT104 GPI
Swift GPI with code

However to be honest I have no idea what any of these mean or how their completed.
Just for the explanation, the abovementioned strings are just names for different types of SWIFT transactions. For example, MT104 means ordinary wire transfer, MT103 direct debit, GPI represents certain enhancement of the original SWIFT standard that should allow for higher speed and traceability, UETR Code is a name for Unique End-to-end Transaction Reference – a string of 36 unique characters featured in all payment instruction messages carried over SWIFT. Etc.
It means, standing alone it does not say very much about the transaction, the object of importance are the data about sender, receiver etc. contained in SWIFT messages.
Under normal circumstances, the denotations quoted above are not used to describe payment orders and an ordinary bank accout user is not even aware about their existence.
So, if anyone is using this terminology in a business proposal, it really does not smell well ;)
And quite generally, if someone unknown gives me a proposal just to perform a payment transaction, regardless of form I should run away like hell :)

Just for the explanation, the abovementioned strings are just names for different types of SWIFT transactions. For example, MT104 means ordinary wire transfer, MT103 direct debit, GPI represents certain enhancement of the original SWIFT standard that should allow for higher speed and traceability, UETR Code is a name for Unique End-to-end Transaction Reference – a string of 36 unique characters featured in all payment instruction messages carried over SWIFT. Etc.
It means, standing alone it does not say very much about the transaction, the object of importance are the data about sender, receiver etc. contained in SWIFT messages.
Under normal circumstances, the denotations quoted above are not used to describe payment orders and an ordinary bank accout user is not even aware about their existence.
So, if anyone is using this terminology in a business proposal, it really does not smell well ;)
And quite generally, if someone unknown gives me a proposal just to perform a payment transaction, regardless of form I should run away like hell :)
Believe me, I’ve distanced myself from all this s**t, but just happened that every now and then I hear someone going over these and it caught my attention. Plus, the proposal I’ve had. Thank you for the clarification. Duly noted and appreciated.

They all are talking to me about differet GPI’s and MT’s such as;
Swift MT104 GPI
Swift GPI with code

Do not even engage with them. At the very least you will waste your time.

Reactions: magnacarta

Latest Threads