Our valued sponsor

Heritage International bank

TR505

Nov 30, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I believe my story might be interesting for some of you in the offshore world. If I help somebody to avoid issues, I would reach my objective with this message to your community.
Had offshore bank account with Heritage International from Belize from 2016. Not much was going on as I was using it for passive investment mostly. All legal - I mean really. No funny business from my side.
Made a sizable transfer to the bank recently from my personal account (I told you my activities are legal) for a passive investment into a legal business. They did a thorough check on me and my businesses and investments and they decided to close my account. Period!
But I cannot get MY MONEY via wire back from Heritage to my personal account. I was offered only prepaid card to use my funds. And I am not talking few 1000 USD here. Real crap and nothing to do. Imagine loading costs for the card, ATM redrawal fees, Currency Exchange fees as I do not live in an USD country...
Just be aware and stay away from them.
Good luck

Reactions: rewindghost
If you are from Europe, you could try to get an account at Revolut, Monese or similar and try to top up the account from the prepaid card.
If you are not from Europe, you may have a chance with Dukascopy, but they will charge a fee for that.

Thanks Marie,
I didnt realy think about such option to reduce fees with ATM redrawals in a funny country with low ATM limits and with higher fees by topup to EMI card. I have N26 as I am from EU. It might work!

I hope N26 will not create problems with topup? If it is from prepaid Master Card, should be OK?

The problem I see, if I suddenly start drawing money from ATM with my prepaid MC every day (for low daily limits in the country where I live in Careebean), my Master Card might get blocked? Therefore it is a good idea to topup EMI card to reduce that risk.

Thanks again

Probably Heritage's correspondent bank raised a red flag. Get your money out there asap. Soon you may not be able to get anything out of there and you will regret not having paid just the ATM fees. The banks left in Belize (2?) have serious problems with correspondent banks as reported here in other threads. Avoid USD in general with offshore banks.

Hi Outlander,

Heritage is refusing any wire. Unfortunatelly Suzy must be right. I didnt mention before that I have Seychelles IBC linked to Heritage International bank account.

Regarding top up of another EMI card with offered Heritage bank prepaid Master card I see a lot of limitations as quite a few EMIs heavily limit top up amount per month via Debit card.

Any other idea from the group how to get money elegantly into one of my personal or offshore business accounts, once I have it on prepaid Mastercard?

Hi Outlander,

Heritage is refusing any wire. Unfortunatelly Suzy must be right. I didnt mention before that I have Seychelles IBC linked to Heritage International bank account.

Regarding top up of another EMI card with offered Heritage bank prepaid Master card I see a lot of limitations as quite a few EMIs heavily limit top up amount per month via Debit card.

Any other idea from the group how to get money elegantly into one of my personal or offshore business accounts, once I have it on prepaid Mastercard?

Given it's your money, I'd maybe check with a local lawyer if the bank has the right to refuse wiring your balance to another bank account under your own company name, for the sake of closing the Heritage account.

Failing that, check if they'd give you an administrative cheque that your other bank would accept.

Failing that, travel to Belize and ask for a cash withdrawal. Then buy crypto and get out.

Failing that, what's your religion again?

Latest Threads