Our valued sponsor

HK company + residency in territorial or no tax country.

batak

Dec 7, 2022
France
Visit site
Hi,

Can someone help we clarify if I am correct here?

Let's say that you operate an offshore business with an HK or BVI company (therefore not taxable) and you reside (and receive your salary in Panama (for instance) or Dubai.
Does that means that you pay zero corporate taxes and zero incomes taxes?

Then let's say that you spend over 184 days in Dubai (when weather is perfect) or Panama and the rest of the time in Europe to visit friends and family (but your close family does reside with you and not in EU).
Will it change your tax situation?

Thanks

Reactions: Error404
Let's say that you operate an offshore business with an HK or BVI company (therefore not taxable) and you reside (and receive your salary in Panama (for instance) or Dubai.

No.

Then let's say that you spend over 184 days in Dubai (when weather is perfect) or Panama and the rest of the time in Europe to visit friends and family (but your close family does reside with you and not in EU).

No.

Hi,

Can someone help we clarify if I am correct here?

Thanks
Hi Barak,

Hope you are doing well,

Let me explain you in HK there is NO CORPORATE TAX they have Profit Tax, Property Tax and Salary Tax and the annual tax go from 12 to 18 months.

The profit tax is 8,5% for < 260k profit and 16,5% >260k profit, but in the meantime if your HK company is a vehicle to reduce your tax burden and you will not do business in HK but all outside the country you are allowed to request after 1 year the OFFSHORE STATUS.

If you reside in Panama or Dubai you are right you do not pay taxes on your income.

Regarding your last question first of all I highly recommend to consult a business consulting company like us cause you need to check the double taxation treatment from your tax residency country to the country of your Family (close if we mean your wife and your children)

if you mean your parents will not change your tax situation.

Hope I answered all your questions

Thank you
To make sure I understand you correctly : Is it "no your assumption is not correct" (no, you would pay taxes) or "no, you would not pay taxes" ?

Its "no your assumption is not correct".

Economic Substance alongside place of effective control and management is what you have not considered. Just think through your plan again with these in mind and see if you come up with same result ;).

Reactions: oldtimer2 and batak
Hi Barak,

Hope you are doing well,

Let me explain you in HK there is NO CORPORATE TAX they have Profit Tax, Property Tax and Salary Tax and the annual tax go from 12 to 18 months.

The profit tax is 8,5% for < 260k profit and 16,5% >260k profit, but in the meantime if your HK company is a vehicle to reduce your tax burden and you will not do business in HK but all outside the country you are allowed to request after 1 year the OFFSHORE STATUS.

If you reside in Panama or Dubai you are right you do not pay taxes on your income.

Regarding your last question first of all I highly recommend to consult a business consulting company like us cause you need to check the double taxation treatment from your tax residency country to the country of your Family (close if we mean your wife and your children)

if you mean your parents will not change your tax situation.

Hope I answered all your questions
Thank you very much for your clear reply.
As you mentionned to consult with a business consulting company like yours, can you tell me more? Is your company specialized in offshore taxation?

Reactions: Error404
Its "no your assumption is not correct".

Economic Substance alongside place of effective control and management is what you have not considered. Just think through your plan again with these in mind and see if you come up with same result ;).

While this is true, nobody is looking at this in Emirates.

In practice you can own and control whatever you want from Dubai and its all fine.

Reactions: batak
While this is true, nobody is looking at this in Emirates.

Emirates signed and committed to doing so more than a year ago. See below and get up to speed.

Emirates signed and committed to doing so more than a year ago. See below and get up to speed.

'Since March 2021 twelve countries now automatically share information on companies with no economic substance and where beneficial owners are non-resident.'

Yeah but even my cat knows how to circumvent this.

Also hes talking about living in UAE, where reality is that nobody cares where your business is located and/or if you trigger any PE there

'Since March 2021 twelve countries now automatically share information on companies with no economic substance and where beneficial owners are non-resident.'

Yeah but even my cat knows how to circumvent this.

Also hes talking about living in UAE, where reality is that nobody cares where your business is located and/or if you trigger any PE there
But it the owner of the company (UBO/Director/Shareolders) has UAE visa and is employed within the company (has visa and emirates id) he would be then considered a resident and that won't be an issue (at this point but maybe they can complicate things along the way/later on).

Reactions: TheCryptoAnt
Also the dude is talking about living in UAE, where reality is that nobody cares where your business is incorporated.

As always I will let people find out the hard way how things really work.

Latest Threads