Our valued sponsor

HK Company - Sole Director/Owner: Pay myself in dividends?

Paying yourself only in dividends could potentially make it harder to renew your visa, TBH.

But then again, the last time I renewed my HK investment visa the staff at immigration didn't really look at things in any real detail.

Good point. I could always pay myself a small base salary anyways, and pay the rest in dividends. The base should be taxed less than 8% anyways.

Do you have PR?

Maybe check the time of the visa you are on. Some will give you 6 years of you have 2M+ in salary.

What visa you you on? When did you get/renew it?

Got the salary question. I know people with a Bahamas company and a Hong Kong one. The Hong Kong one makes almost no profit and if only for hiring the guy at a base salary of scout 1000 USD per month.

May I ask how much you invested in the company to successfully get an Investment Visa in HK?
When I did it back in 2013, I got away with only having $500,000 HKD in the business.

Nowadays it's highly recommended that you have at least $1M HKD in the business, and about the same amount in a personal account.

Last edited:
Reactions: belarus
When I did it back in 2013, I got away with only having $500,000 HKD in the business.

Nowadays it's highly recommended that you have at least $1M HKD in the business, and about the same amount in a personal account.
That's incredibly low.

HK Visa Geeza (a guy who runs consulting for this kind of Visa, I don't know if you know him) I remember telling you needed 2M HKD in the business minimum.

Too bad I didn't because I had the money back then but never applied out of fear of getting rejected.

That's incredibly low.

HK Visa Geeza (a guy who runs consulting for this kind of Visa, I don't know if you know him) I remember telling you needed 2M HKD in the business minimum.

Too bad I didn't because I had the money back then but never applied out of fear of getting rejected.
I know of Stephen Barnes (HK Visa Geeza), yes.

A close friend of mine managed to do it in 2011 with just $180,000 HKD (and that money he borrowed from friends!).

Latest Threads