Our valued sponsor

Holding UK for rental investment

letitsnow

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I plan to start rental investment, however I would like to start with the best possible basis (to avoid possible costs in the future in the event of a change in legal structure ...), this is why i create this thread.

I am French and I plan to invest first in France, then in a few years (3 to 5 years) in England and Spain.
I want to buy these flats under a company (for imposition...).
There will be two of us for purchases in France, which is why I thought of creating an SCI (Société civil immobilière), 50% owned by my company in England and 50% by the second people.
This will allow me to continue investing in the other 2 countries via this same company in UK.

You will surely ask yourself the question "But why not directly create a company in France", for 2 main reasons:
- The simplicity and the cost of creating and managing the company in UK.
- Willingness in the near future to immigrate to London.
- Tax rate

What do you think of that plan ? Do you have already made this type of investment ?
And above all, is it legal?

Hoping to have your advice, pros and cons, if you know them :)
Thank you in advance,
Regards,

It would be better to have the UK company on it's own, especially when its comes to finance.
As a French national set yourself up in the UK with a bank account before Brexit.

It will improve your eligibility and make the process of purchasing much easier. It will also save you on extra tax that you pay as a foreigner if you do it from France.

You could then use the capital you have as a loan which will then be tax deductible.

I would suggest whilst you still have the opportunity make yourself a resident in the UK do so. It would be easier to access finance and get better rates.
Then you can set up structures to enable you to be more tax efficient.

Latest Threads