Our valued sponsor

Hong Kong company - newbie in need of help

konijiro

Offshore Agent
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am a licensed tour guide in Romania, and I run private tours in Romania and Bulgaria.

I have been thinking for a while now to open a company in Hong Kong and accept the payments through it.

From what I have been reading, Hong Kong is not exactly off shore, but I think this is better, since they are cooking some anti - offshore laws over here, and besides, the profit tax is also zero there.

Now, I have a few questions regarding the whole thing:

- it seems that if the activity generating the income happens outside Hong Kong, the tax rate is zero. However, since I also plan to have a bank account in Hong Kong, isn't the transaction coming in also an income generating activity? When it comes to running my tours, I can easily prove that they do not happen in Hong Kong (when I file the annual tax reports), but how are they looking into the transactions coming in?

- once the whole thing gets going, I will have debit cards attached to my HK accounts. Is there any limit to the type of expenses I can write off as a business expense? From what I have been reading, there isn't, but I just want to make sure.

- what would be a good company to contact in order to have the HK company set up? And if they also open the bank accounts, how do I make sure they don't have access to them from that point on?

- the last (and probably most important question) is how can I accept payments through the HK company? I have contacted a few banks there to ask if I could process credit cards through them, the answers were all negative. Would Pay Pal/Moneybookers work (even if I have to give them a proof of address of the company)? Needless to say, if I am not able to charge clients using the HK company, it will not make much sense to start the whole thing at all.

Thanks a lot to all the ones who will read this.

- what would be a good company to contact in order to have the HK company set up? And if they also open the bank accounts, how do I make sure they don't have access to them from that point on?
When you find a company let us know how it went out for you.

In regards to access to the bank account, make sure that you trust the nominees (if any) and that you receive PIN's, Tokens etc. directly from the bank. Additionally you make approach the bank to ask them only accept instructions directly from you, at least this is how it will work in Cyprus.

Thanks for the reply.

Any idea on this question?

- it seems that if the activity generating the income happens outside Hong Kong, the tax rate is zero. However, since I also plan to have a bank account in Hong Kong, isn't the transaction coming in also an income generating activity? When it comes to running my tours, I can easily prove that they do not happen in Hong Kong (when I file the annual tax reports), but how are they looking into the transactions coming in?

Actually I'm sorry but don't know how this works in Hong Kong, I would expect someone with experience in this field to answer that questions.