Our valued sponsor

hong kong company setup

@GoGoldPro: What does Masson de Morfontaine charge for a LTD ?

Do they mention that getting tax exempt for overseas income is not exactly easy?
(They should at least when you ask)

@Gunter: Check if the government fee for the BR (Business Registration) is included. Without a BR you would not be able to open a bank account in HK. The BR is relatively costly and is valid for just 1 year.
I hear opening a bank account in HK is not that easy if you have no references, no good introduction and no well-prepared papers. Agents can take care of that for a fee. - worked for me...

Do they mention that getting tax exempt for overseas income is not exactly easy?
(They should at least when you ask)
This is something that has not been discussed much at any place I have read about the Hong Kong Company formation! It always read like they are excempted from any tax.

@busdriver You know alot about the HK and offshore corps there, do you have or had a company there ?

Yes, I still do have one there (actually more than one) and some business partners do so too. I would not say I know a lot. EG I have not entirely gone thought the exemption process. So I can tell how much work it actually is. But I hear from different people that it is not as easy as one would wish ;)

Hey Gunter, did you use triple-eight as your agent after all? Any reviews if you did use it? I'm quite curious since I've heard a bad reviews from my friends in hongkong and I want to make sure that you didn't got scammed or something..

I did 1o days ago with Startupr. Paid 844 usd and 24 hours later the business was registered and documents emailed to me. I spent a great deal researching and feel happy with my choices. Next is bank... i'm leaning towards CIM at the moment.

CIM Bank, you may let us know how it goes and if you get your account :) I'm curious to know what the latest development is there.

Hong Kong company setup who is the registered agent in HK that is to be used for such an setup please? I have been surfing around the Internet to find reliable agency services for HK company formation but it's overwhelming as you may already know. There are hundreds doing the job and the price range from miserly $200 to $5000 for a HK company!

Do you know of any professional agent that can do a quick hong kong company setup please?

We don't require lots of services, banking we will handle in either Singapore or Bahamas (See my other threads) so no banking in Hong Kong is required.
After all I read on the forum for the last 2 days I wonder if you ever got setup there and what procedures you put in place to protect you from the HK tax office and other law enforcement's in Hong Kong?

that's a dream if only a personal visit allows your company to gets the biz account open.
not anymore, that was ok until end of 2015.
Now, with just the interview at the bank you get let's say 20% chances to see your account open, and you need to plan at least 4/6 months waiting before beeing fully operative.

I pass throu it so what I say is based also on my own experience.

Reactions: haslan
@haslan My experience is pretty good with company setup service providers. I experienced no scam at all. But I was lucky and was living H for a while.

The providers might not tell you that opening a bank account is subject to luck ;)
Maybe an expensive lawyer can help with the bank account too, but I think alternative solutions are cheaper now, and quicker.

The hong kong company setup looks to be something you need a very trusted person in Hong Kong a local, to take over for the task! I would be nervous to order something there finding a service provider on the Internet.

I ordered from the internet - was no problem.
Pay with PayPal or card to be safe.
Use one with a real local HK phone number (physical landline, check online for details).
I guess you if you do that, it would be fine.

Reactions: pincho
PayPal (or card) you can complain and get your money back and the identity is checked. I think card payment is even better than PayPal in that sense. Anyway, they would not cheat, I think.
I used a guy called Jason Ho (genacct.com). The formation went OK. But he has no good bank contacts anymore and he might be a bit overly inflexible if it comes to signing special papers as secretary. He is local, has an office and all that.
I picked him back than because he offered the best price ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pincho