Our valued sponsor

Hong Kong Publishes Director PASSPORT NUMBER!

Archi

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
I recently registered a Hong Kong company and just for curiosity searched the public registrar for my company to see whats there... I paid 2 euros to get access, clicked on my name as director and saw my full name, address and f*****g passport number! Not first letter and something missing but the whole passport number.... I knew that they publish company info and directors but not the full address and passport number. This is just plain weird...

Is it possible to remove it somehow?

If it has already been done you may want to abandon the current company and create a completely new one as the record will always exist.

I called the authorities in my country and told them that i lost my passport and got a new one with different passport number. Feels much better now to not have that kind of details in public database.

Yup.... But its at least invalid so nobody can use it for ID fraud
How will anyone that try to abuse the old passport number know that it is not valid? I mean the ones they try to fool, how will they know that its no longer valid? Wouldn't they need the passport scan with the full digital code to actually use it and for anyone to check if it's valid?
I don't see how anyone can abuse it with just a passport number, but it might depend on the country.

HK corps sucks if you ask me, they are expensive and offer only less privacy for the owner. Really not worth it.

Latest Threads