Our valued sponsor

How can I protect my assets ?

Hephaestus

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

newbie here.Sorry it is long.

Currently living a nightmare because I didn't expected this situation bad planning.

I have a business which received a penalty from tax bureau (5K for tax errors) and 2 months latere I was 'happified' with 2 more gov. offices for deep control for last 5yrs. 66K€ in penalties, late interests. My accountant paid 10k from his insurance and went bankrupt. I still owed 56k and about in 30k in bank loans. I sold even my office desk as they wanted money asap (tax execution). My ltd filed bankruptcy. But I was the only owner so for bank loan I signed personal liability as a guarantee. So I am now filling papers for personal bankruptcy loosing my apartment , credit score etc. Main purpose of that control was bad relationship with my neighbor, probably she initialized those controls as I was working from home, but I can't prove.

Ideas how to avoid that next time :
Business:
My income is from IT consultancy on-site / remote mainly Germany, Austria, Slovakia (my citizenship), Hungary, Ireland and through freelance portals US/World , also royalties but those are low.
I am also was/on hold in GPU mining, Amazon.

My idea : ltd Cyprus + seych IBC but I need anonymity from public registers, and I would prefer no accounting or in package with full cover insurance, and somewhat relaxed rules of company expenses (nothing special e.g. I need to book two seats for an economy flight, because I can't fit in one LCC ecoseat, this was one of the problems as I fly extensively in EU, or they didn't accepted energy usage for mining rigs because the meter was on my name, not on ltd's, which near to impossible to achieve in home office in apartment house, and so on).

Dividends tax rate is 7% in Slovakia, from countries with double taxation treaty or 35% for others.

Personal :
Anonymity(no public register, nominee) & Asset protection - stocks, account ,crypto,housing
Need to be able to buy a Slovak house which I 'saved', without 35% tax and rent back/give usage rights to me without any problems
My idea : trust, private foundation

Any advises ?

Reactions: negon
Why don't use a simple Belize, Seychelles or Cyprus IBC opened with darks and find an EMI account which can handle the money for you? There are options for such but you will be required to upgrade your account to Mentor Group to learn more about offshore IBC and darks.

Alternative I'm sure you can setup a sophisticated solution with a Seychelles holding company and a Cyprus trading company where you appoint nominees in the Cyprus corp. However, if it will protect you from the Cyprus tax office I doubt, they will be able to figure out what is going on I believe.

Most often the best security against what happened to you is to place all your entity outside of the country where you live. Now a days it's even more complicated to protect you than what it was for just 2 years ago.

Agree with Auric. You need to move whatever you personally own into a company outside your own country. Belize, Seychelles etc works well with nominees appointed. Banking wouldn't be too hard to arrange and if you have property that needs transferring it can usually be charged or a purchase arranged through the company.